Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Display on send in translation files does not work for dials

2 posters

Go down

Display on send in translation files does not work for dials Empty Display on send in translation files does not work for dials

Post by thx538 Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:22 am

Hello,
From some testing it seems that the sent value is always displayed when sending from a dial who has a translation file.

Code:
<MidiSteps version="1.1">
  <Default send="yes" receive="yes" display="" image="%trevligaspel%\Images\RackChain-1.png" displayonsend="no" useclosestvalueonreceive="no"/>
    <Step value="0" display="Chain 1" image="%trevligaspel%\Images\RackChain-1.png"/>
    <Step value="1" display="Chain 2" image="%trevligaspel%\Images\RackChain-2.png"/>
    <Step value="2" display="Chain 3"/>
    <Step value="3" display="Chain 4"/>
    <Step value="4" display="Chain 5"/>
    <Step value="5" display="Chain 6"/>
    <Step value="6" display="Chain 7"/>
    <Step value="7" display="Chain 8"/>
  </StepValues>
</MidiSteps>

Am I correct ?

I have also noted that the documentation says :
displayonsend: Defines if the button text/image should be affected when the button is pressed to send the value.
.... so maybe it was never intended to work with dials.

Edit: Similarly I have difficulties to display images either global or by step. Updated example.

Thanks for your help.

thx538

Back to top Go down

Display on send in translation files does not work for dials Empty Re: Display on send in translation files does not work for dials

Post by Admin Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:21 pm

Only the display text is used for dials, not the image; it simply ignores everything else (but the display value) in the translation file since you select the file in the "Value display" dropdown.

I agree that it may be logical that it would consider displayonsend, but currently, it doesn't.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Display on send in translation files does not work for dials Empty Re: Display on send in translation files does not work for dials

Post by thx538 Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:49 am

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.
btw, i was wondering if as part of the new "dial scripting"  capability we would have the option to dynamically alter a dial collection of possible values and text : something that would replace the need for a translation file like:
{Translation: Value1, Text 1, Value 2, Text 2, etc. ...}

That would be very useful if we want to control rack devices and macro variations in Ableton Live, see example below of "dynamic" lists that change with the track selection :

Display on send in translation files does not work for dials Rackva10

thx538

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:10 pm

I haven't started the thinking process for the dial scripting yet, but I think the main goal for dial scripts will be the same as for button scripts; they should be able to control "everything". Exactly what that means and what it will look like, I don't know yet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thx538 Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:20 pm

ok, thanks
I have also noted that in the current implementation of translation files for dials, the reference to the translation file seems lost when we change page and it shows only the value, not the display text.

We need to reapply the translation file in order to have the value displayed

thx538

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:28 pm

I can't reproduce that problem. If you can send me a log file from when that happens, I can take a look at it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thx538 Mon Aug 12, 2024 4:05 pm

Well I can't reproduce either, after I removed the image tag in the translation header.
If it arises again I'll let you know.
Thanks.

thx538

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down