Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Version 3.9 beta

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Version 3.9 beta Empty Version 3.9 beta

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:27 pm

I think this is pretty stable, but a million combinations are possible, so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something. Please back up your configuration before installing this one.

Changes are to the Generic Midi and the Mackie Control dials (the single dials, not the multis).

Both dials have the left icon detached from the Press action and can now be assigned a command of its own (or use the Press action as before). For existing dials, the icon definitions will be migrated from the Press action to the Left Tap action, and the Left Tap action is set to use the Press command configuration. Please let me know if you have any problems with this.

The right icon can also use the Press action if needed.

In addition, the Generic Midi dial can send Pitch Bend, Aftertouch and Program Change commands.

A question: The configuration pages for the single dials are getting long now. Would it be better to have a tabbed interface instead of expandable sections?  That would make the single dials differ from the multi dials (for a single item), but maybe that isn't important?

Version 3.8.1.68 See later post

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Version 3.9 beta Empty Re: Version 3.9 beta

Post by jordikt Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:19 am

I have been testing different configurations and everything seems to work fine. No issues.

Regarding the drop-down sections or tabbed sections, it's true that sometimes the configuration is getting long.

But when the sections are collapsed, it gets very short, just 5 sections.

I like the drop-down sections as they are now, more than tabs.

It would help to have 1 button for "expand all/collapse all" sections at the top of the menus. First click expands all, 2nd click collapses all, 3rd click expands all, etc.

Also it could be interesting to have another button that enables/disables that only 1 section is expanded at once. When enabled, expanding one section collapses the other ones. When disabled, the sections expands/collapses independently, like now. The value enabled/disabled of this button could be global, so when you change of dial the expand/collapse behaviour would be the same for all dials.

These buttons for expand all/collapse all would be also useful for the muti dials.
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:51 am

This is an interesting idea. I implemented it for Generic Dial to see how it is. I'm a little unsure; the experience is similar to having tabs.

Version 3.8.1.76
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:39 pm

works as designed...  Very Happy

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:54 pm

3.8.1.76 tested.

Sincerely, I LOVE the single section mode. I would even remove the Expand all button and use only the single section checkbox.

I agree that it is similar to having tabs, but with 2 advantages IMO:
- With single section disabled, you can see and compare 2 or more section configurations easily using the scroll up/down
- You keep the UI design for multi dials, with tabs for items and sections for configurations.

Anyway, tabs is also a good solution. Multidials could have also configuration tabs inside every item tab.

What about to implement tabs for the Mackie Dial in a new beta? Then we could compare both options.
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm

I agree that it would be interesting to have tabs in the Mackie dial, but it would require a major change in design and code, so I must decide if it's worth it.

This single-section option could potentially be used for all dials, even the multi dials, so maybe that's the best way forward.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:57 pm

Admin wrote:This single-section option could potentially be used for all dials, even the multi dials, so maybe that's the best way forward.

Yes, fully agree. Single-section mode solves the "problem" of long configurations for all dials. Also it is a solution that will be effective in the future if you add new sections in any dial.
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:55 pm

Is "Section handling" a good English label for this, or is there a better alternative?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:22 pm

"Sections visibility" could be a good alternative.

But I would choose no label, as the checkbox and button are clear enough.
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:23 pm

jordikt wrote:"But I would choose no label, as the checkbox and button are clear enough.

Of course! That's the best solution. Thanks. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

jordikt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:19 am

The single-section feature has been added to the Mackie dial. I'm not planning any more additions to this version, so unless bugs are found, this is "final".

Version 3.8.1.81 See later post.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:52 pm

Everything works fine.

Some comments:

1) Label: use "opened" instead of "open"?->"Keep a single section opened". An alternative->"Keep only one section opened".

2) the enabled/disabled status of single-section is not global. Don't you think it would be better to set this status as a global value for all dials?

3) I wonder if it's only me, but when mute state is enabled, "Use mute background from design" are in two lines of text. This makes the configuration longer. Could you set that sentence in only one sentence? or maybe remove "Use" to make the sentence shorter?

Version 3.9 beta Captur13
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:16 pm

1. Thanks for the suggestions.

2. Yeah, I know you want it to be global, but I shy away from global solutions due to the complex implementation in Stream Deck. What do you see as "global" in this case? Global for all dials of the same type? Global for all single dials? Global for all dials?

3. I assume you are using a Mac. For some reason, the layouts differ slightly between Windows and Mac; on Windows, everything is on one line. Very Happy  I'll see if I can fix that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:53 pm

3. Yes, mac user here!

2. I mean Global for this kind of behaviour:
- I enable single-section in first dial (midi)
- I switch to second dial (midi), and the single-section is enabled
- I switch to third dial (mackie), and the single-section is enabled
- I disable single-section in that mackie dial
- I switch to the first dial (midi) and single-section is disabled

If this behaviour is complex or difficult to implement in SD, forget it, of course!
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:52 am

1. Text changed.
  2. Formatting on Mac is fixed.
  3. The option is now global.

Very Happy
Version 3.8.1.87 See later post.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:13 pm

The single-section feature is added to the multi dials and moved to the bottom of the screen.

Being a global setting, I assume you wouldn't change it too often, and I don't want the checkbox in itself to cause the need to scroll.

Version 3.8.1.100
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:56 pm

3.8.1.100 works perfect.

Single-section and expand all at the bottom is perfect.

Formatting on Mac is perfect also.

I have just seen that the "Display Mute state" checkbox is not aligned now, maybe you want to check it.

Version 3.9 beta Captur15
Version 3.9 beta Captur16

Thanks!
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:40 am

After adding the Midi state restore feature, I decided to implement something I've wanted to do for a long time. To eliminate obscure xml file editing to handle global settings in the plugin, I've transformed the "Background Scripts" action to a "Global settings" action. Background scripts are now a tab in that action, along with settings for Mackie Control and the new Midi state restore feature.

If you have used the "StreamDeckMidiUserSettings.xml" file for anything, the settings in that file are transferred to the Global Settings action the first time you start this version; after that, the file is no longer used.

My plan is to send this to Elgato early next week. Please let me know if you find any problems.

Version 3.9.0.50
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:33 pm

I find the new Global Settings very useful. A good change to me.

My Mackie configuration of mains/extenders has been correctly translated to the new interface.

The click&hold + drag&drop for re-ordering the devices works perfect also.

Regarding this new button, two observations:

1) The second paragraph of BG Scripts/Info starts with "The scripts are run in the background...". It should be "The scripts run in the background..."

2) The room for the name of Midi Out/In ports is small. I think it would be useful to give one line to every port, each one with his own label. Another good solution is to show the complete name of the midi port when you leave the mouse over the field, as a tooltip/hint.

Example of how I see my ports:

Version 3.9 beta Captur17
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:24 pm

Thanks for the language correction. English is a tricky thing.  Smile

When I first designed the Mackie tab, I had each port on a separate line, as you suggested. However, the space it took with eight devices open deterred me. I tried to make things more compact by putting the ports on the same line, but I agree that it restricts the port names a bit too much. Later, I added the feature to minimize all non-used devices, so a configuration with one or two active devices (as I think most users have) isn't so bad. I'll probably go back to having each port on a separate line.

Thanks for the feedback.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:44 pm

Possible bug: Generic Midi Dial > Rotate while pressed action > Control Change CW/CCW doesn't show options to configure:

Version 3.9 beta Captur18
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:23 pm

I'm unaware of any changes to that code, but something must have happened when I added the new dial options.

Thanks for the report.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:34 am

The Generic Midi CW/CCW bug is fixed, and the midi ports for Mackie in Global settings are now on separate lines.

Version 3.9.0.52
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:56 pm

Sorry to come with more bugs Version 3.9 beta 1f62c

The following actions are not working when they are enabled in Mackie Dial/Rotate while pressed:

Version 3.9 beta Captur21
Version 3.9 beta Captur22
Version 3.9 beta Captur23
Version 3.9 beta Captur25
Version 3.9 beta Captur24
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:14 pm

You don't need to apologize for doing my job. Very Happy This plugin has become a massive beast, and any help finding bugs is invaluable.

This version should fix the issues you reported and fix a timing issue in the state restore function.

Version 3.9.0.56
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next