Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channel Selection Menu

2 posters

Go down

Channel Selection Menu Empty Channel Selection Menu

Post by jordikt Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:56 pm

Dial rotate while pressed action -> enabled channel selection menu "Show lower LCD row" -> it shows a list with the 8 track names of the Mackie bank of my Cubase project.

It could be possible to show the track names of all banks instead of only 8?

I mean to show i.e. 15 track names if the Cubase project has 15 tracks.

Thanks.
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Channel Selection Menu Empty Re: Channel Selection Menu

Post by Admin Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:26 pm

A real Mackie Control device has eight channels, and the Mackie protocol is built for that. To use more channels, add more Mackie devices.

FAQ page section "How do I configure 'Selected channel' Mackie Control buttons to work with more than eight channels".

Mackie Configuration page, "Device and Midi ports" at the end.

...and probably a couple more places in the doc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:36 am

Thanks for the links. I didn't read that part of the website.

I configured 1 main device and 1 extender in Cubase and in the plugin.

Dial rotate while pressed action -> enabled channel selection menu "Show lower LCD row" -> it still shows a list with 8 track names instead of 16.

The rest of possible configurations works fine to me, the plugin shows the 16 tracks in the bank 1.

But I found a "fader problem" using the extender. Let's say I have a Cubase project with 16 tracks, and SD+ with the 4 dials assigned to faders of channels 1 to 4.

The "fader problem" appears doing the following steps:
- Select track 1 and 10 in Cubase (both selected together)
- Click "Show only selected tracks" in Cubase
- Dial 1 shows correct track name and correct fader value
- Dial 2 shows correct track name and incorrect fader value (the fader value has not changed, it keeps the fader value of the track 2)
- If I turn dial 2, the fader of track 10 jumps to the value of track 2 and starts moving up or down from that point

If I only have 1 main device without extenders, the trick of clicking "Show only selected tracks" works perfectly. 
As example in a Cubase project of 64 tracks: 
- Select together track 1, 20, 40, and 60
- Click "Show only selected tracks" in Cubase
- Dials 1,2,3,4 shows correct track names and correct fader values for tracks 1, 20, 40 60
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:37 pm

jordikt wrote:
Dial rotate while pressed action -> enabled channel selection menu "Show lower LCD row" -> it still shows a list with 8 track names instead of 16.
The Stream Deck dial is configured to use the ports of a specific Mackie device and is restricted to the eight channels that are visible for that device.
You could argue that the "Selected channel" function overrides this restriction and works across all defined devices, and so should this function. To be honest, I haven't thought of that. It's a complex thing to solve, and it might have some unwanted side effects, but I will have a look at it.

jordikt wrote:The "fader problem" ...
I haven't investigated what Cubase does when you manipulate the mixer that way, but obviously, it redefines the Mackie bank only to include the channels you show in the mixer.
I can't reproduce the difference you describe when having only the main device or also having an extender. I don't know if the device order plays a role in this. Please verify that the last (=second) Mackie Control device in the Studio Setup list in Cubase uses the ports assigned to Device 1 (Main device) in Stream Deck. For some mysterious reason, Steinberg has decided to have a reversed order from what you think is logical.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:58 pm

"Please verify that the last (=second) Mackie Control device in the Studio Setup list in Cubase uses the ports assigned to Device 1 (Main device) in Stream Deck. For some mysterious reason, Steinberg has decided to have a reversed order from what you think is logical."

Yes, I read your instructions regarding the reverse order of Cubase Mackie devices in the links you sent me.

The first Mackie of my Cubase devices is the extender with the ports of extender, and the second Mackie of the list is the main device with the ports of the main device.

I think the ports configuration is correct because everything works fine.
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down