Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generic midi : shows only output midi port

2 posters

Go down

Generic midi : shows only output midi port Empty Generic midi : shows only output midi port

Post by kekule Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:18 pm

Hi,

When I use a Generic Midi on a dial, the "Midi Out Port" shows only the output port of my devices/programs.
It's works fine with Multi Midi (dial) or Control Change(button).

In the example the choice of output port is supposed to be "MidiPipe Entrée 1" or "Input DAW-in".

I sent some screenshot in attachments.

PS: I'm on mac. I'm using MidiPipe, to manage my multiple entries and doing the proper routing for Mackie Control.

Rgds
Attachments
Generic midi : shows only output midi port Attachment
Generic midi dial.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(194 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Multi midi dial.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(200 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Midi button.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(133 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

kekule

Back to top Go down

Generic midi : shows only output midi port Empty Re: Generic midi : shows only output midi port

Post by Admin Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:47 pm

Do you mean that the dropdown lists show "No Midi Input/Output" even though ports have been selected?

Please enable extended logging, make some port changes, and send me the log file.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Generic midi : shows only output midi port Empty Re: Generic midi : shows only output midi port

Post by kekule Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:57 pm

Hi,

In the dropdown list of "Midi Out port" we are seeing the outgoing midi port. For example in my case "Maschine MK3 Virtual Output" which is the port used to send midi to the Maschine MK3.
This is ok in Multi Midi (dial) and in control Change (button).

But in the generic midi, we are seeing the incoming midi port. For example in my case "Maschine MK3 Virtuel Input" which is the port used to receive midi from the Maschine.

I attached a log

Rgds
Attachments
multi and generic test.log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(16 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by kekule on Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot attachment)

kekule

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:30 pm

Ah, OK. I see the problem. I'll fix it for the next release. Thanks for the report.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down