Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mackie Control with Lynx Aurora(n) NControl

2 posters

Go down

Mackie Control with Lynx Aurora(n) NControl Empty Mackie Control with Lynx Aurora(n) NControl

Post by synthetic Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:49 am

I'm trying to use the Stream Deck + to control my Lynx Aurora(n). NControl is the name of the mixer application that controls the built-in DSP. I have the Stream Deck knob sending MCU Master Fader control to an IAC MIDI buss (on macOS). That goes to the NControl software controller surface page. 

No far, I'm not having luck controlling the Lynx. Master Fader is supposed to move the Group A fader, which is controlling my monitors. I tried setting up a few other controls like Mute Channel 1, and none of them seem to be controlling the software. Lynx doesn't have much documentation on their MCU support, and my account is too new to post a link here. 

Maybe someone can look at my screenshots and let me know if I'm making an obvious mistake. Thanks.
Attachments
Mackie Control with Lynx Aurora(n) NControl Attachment
Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 6.30.09 PM.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(41 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 6.29.50 PM.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(185 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 6.29.33 PM.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(184 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

synthetic

Back to top Go down

Mackie Control with Lynx Aurora(n) NControl Empty Re: Mackie Control with Lynx Aurora(n) NControl

Post by Admin Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:08 am

The configuration looks OK. I assume you have NControl version 1.0.7 or later, where support for Mackie is implemented.

I don't know if the log file will show anything, but you could enable extended logging in the plugin, turn the dial and send me the log file.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Mackie Control with Lynx Aurora(n) NControl Empty Re: Mackie Control with Lynx Aurora(n) NControl

Post by synthetic Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:53 pm

I just opened MIDI Monitor on Mac, and turning the knob isn't showing any activity on the IAC buss. I don't have any filters set up in MIDI Monitor, and I turned on "Spy on output to other destinations" and still nothing is being shown from that knob. But I look at your log and something is there. 

I also set up a key as a note on just for testing. If I send that to a synth, I see the MIDI light come on and it shows up in MIDI Monitor. So MIDI is being sent, just not from my Mackie Control master fader knob.
Attachments
pluginlog.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(30 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

synthetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:46 pm

According to the log file, Midi is sent from the knob.

If I configure a dial for the Master fader, I can see the commands in Midi Monitor, and my log file looks identical to yours.

So, the plugin is doing what it should do; the problem must be elsewhere. Do you have something else connected to the same port?  What does your Midi Studio configuration look like? When you tested with the note command, was that on the same port?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by synthetic Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:09 pm

I made a new IAC MIDI buss and it started working. Not sure why the first one didn't work, I don't see any settings for it, but it's working now. Thanks for your help.

synthetic

Back to top Go down

Post by synthetic Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:19 pm

So this has sorta been working, but it crashes the Lynx NControl app maybe 5 times a day. I spoke to their support about it, but since I'm the only one using this it's a lower priority for them to investigate. I'm using the Generic Mackie Control over IAC. Any ideas to try to stop the crashes?

synthetic

Back to top Go down

Post by synthetic Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:14 am

I've since moved to controlling Genelec GLM5 and it's stable. (Except GLM5 seems to have a bug where it no longer sends MIDI, hopefully that's cleared up soon.)

synthetic

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down