Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for current profile image folder symbol for image action

2 posters

Go down

Request for current profile image folder symbol for image action Empty Request for current profile image folder symbol for image action

Post by benoit Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:22 am

Hello,

I have successfully used the image action with the following command action :
{image:%plugin%/../../ProfilesV2/EBBBA845-0A04-49B4-9473-5C83A866D533.sdProfile/Profiles/9QVAKL9NET7ANB89G8QPFTRASSZ/Images/BVJ3D2SE8L1KJA826JMKE6CRA8Z.png}

For this action, the path I use jumps from the midi plugin directory to the current profile image folder (where all the images of the current profile are saved) using this syntax. Would it be possible to provide this with a simplified syntax based on a new symbol for the profile image folder, such as :

{image:%profile%/BVJ3D2SE8L1KJA826JMKE6CRA8Z.png}

In fact, from my point of view this folder is naturally dedicated to image icons for the button associated to the script.

I expect the value may be provided to the plugin by the Elgato API.

Thanks,
BenoƮt.

benoit

Back to top Go down

Request for current profile image folder symbol for image action Empty Re: Request for current profile image folder symbol for image action

Post by Admin Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:48 am

benoit wrote:I expect the value may be provided to the plugin by the Elgato API.

On the contrary, it is virtually "impossible" for the plugin to know the name of the current profile (and so the path to the profile folder).

This question has been raised several times, but Elgato hasn't shown any interest in giving the plugins this information.

benoit wrote:In fact, from my point of view this folder is naturally dedicated to image icons for the button associated to the script.

I don't think Elgato agrees; I think they consider the plugin folder to be "their domain" where users shouldn't do things.

And I don't think I agree; The plugin folder can be deleted/recreated for several reasons, and the image files will be lost.

Sorry, I was thinking about the plugin folder, not the profile folder. I still don't think the profile folder is THE place for image icons, but it sure can be used for that. But since Elgato doesn't tell the plugin the profile name, the plugin can't help in finding the folder.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

benoit likes this post

Back to top Go down

Request for current profile image folder symbol for image action Empty Re: Request for current profile image folder symbol for image action

Post by benoit Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:37 pm

Thanks for your detailed answer. I agree with your analysis.

benoit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down