Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Displaying Current CC Value?

3 posters

Go down

Displaying Current CC Value? Empty Displaying Current CC Value?

Post by cjunekim Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:31 pm

I really think this MIDI plugin is a wonderful hidden gem for people using midi controllers.

One thing that might make stream deck even more useful would be using it as a secondary midi feedback screen.

For example, I have a few midi controllers with faders and knobs but they don't have midi feedback display -- that is, no led, no motorized faders and so on.

I can kind of abuse this MIDI plugin for that purpose. For example, I set the button type to v-pot and it will show the current status of the cc as a graphic representation. But one thing that's lacking is that it doesn't print the exact value(on the streamdeck button). Then it would be great.

I guess adding an option to print a value in number on the button would be easy to implement to quite valuable.

Thanks!

cjunekim

Back to top Go down

Displaying Current CC Value? Empty Re: Displaying Current CC Value?

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:04 pm

Thanks, I'll put that on the wish list.

If it is only the number you want to see, you can configure the button as Fader, set the value display to "Number," the graphics display to "My own..." and not reference any image files (or reference a neutral background image of your choice).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by cjunekim Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:14 pm

Admin wrote:Thanks, I'll put that on the wish list.

If it is only the number you want to see, you can configure the button as Fader, set the value display to "Number," the graphics display to "My own..." and not reference any image files (or reference a neutral background image of your choice).

That's a possible option but that way you have to do mental calculation since "x out of 127" isn't quite natural to most people. So it would be great if we have a graphic proportional representation and exact value at the same time.

Thanks.

cjunekim

Back to top Go down

Post by OldVintage Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:47 am

cjunekim wrote:I really think this MIDI plugin is a wonderful hidden gem for people using midi controllers.

One thing that might make stream deck even more useful would be using it as a secondary midi feedback screen.

For example, I have a few midi controllers with faders and knobs but they don't have midi feedback display -- that is, no led, no motorized faders and so on.

I can kind of abuse this MIDI plugin for that purpose. For example, I set the button type to v-pot and it will show the current status of the cc as a graphic representation. But one thing that's lacking is that it doesn't print the exact value(on the streamdeck button). Then it would be great.

I guess adding an option to print a value in number on the button would be easy to implement to quite valuable.

Thanks!
Hey! did you get something from this? Im having same problem. I have a X Touch Midi, and I would like to see in the Stream Deck, the display from the Plugin Mode Vpot names ...

OldVintage

Back to top Go down

Displaying Current CC Value? Empty string templating?

Post by cjunekim Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:37 pm

Admin wrote:Thanks, I'll put that on the wish list.

It's possible to display number and a graphical representation at the same time. Thank you.

update:
moved the part about string interpolation to its own thread. https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu/t173-string-interpolation-for-displaying-the-value#897

cjunekim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down