Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profile not loading in StreamDeck Properly

2 posters

Go down

Profile not loading in StreamDeck Properly Empty Profile not loading in StreamDeck Properly

Post by KDobCyp Sun May 12, 2024 5:19 pm

Hi All,
I'm a noobie here called Ken and I've searched for 5 mins to try to find an existing post/answer to my issue but cannot find anything related.
I installed everything initially following Lanewood Studio's video "How to Use a Stream Deck to Control Cubase: Step-by-Step Tutorial" (my link to his video was disallowed as I'm a noobie here)
I have successful 2 way communication with Cubase 12 Pro & Streamdeck XL latest software 6.6.
Then I was directed towards Gunnars site and wanted to download his Cubase StreamDeck profile so I added in Loopback MIDi config the extra 2 items StreamDeck2DawTrack & DawTrack2StreamDeck then imported his profile however the buttons display as the screenshot attached.
EDIT: I also of course edited (tickboxes) in Cubase MIDI setup, the 4 new MIDI in/outs

Can someone please kindly advise what could be wrong?

I looked at Gunnars site FAQ and realised I should create a log file but cannot understand where he is referring to in the FAQ "To enable extended logging, simply check the checkbox at the bottom of any button."
Where do I find this button please?
Could the issue be that the new software update has created a mismatch with Gunnars profile?

Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Profile not loading in StreamDeck Properly Attachment
Streamdeck Cubase.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(141 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Last edited by KDobCyp on Sun May 12, 2024 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention a step I've taken)

KDobCyp

Back to top Go down

Profile not loading in StreamDeck Properly Empty Re: Profile not loading in StreamDeck Properly

Post by Admin Sun May 12, 2024 6:05 pm

Hi, let's try to sort things out.

1. You posted a question in the Midi plugin area that seems to be about the Cubase plugin. Was that intended?
  2. The question marks on your device normally mean that the plugin isn't installed. Since the Cubase profile is included in the Cubase plugin and doesn't need to be downloaded, I get the impression that you, in fact, have the Midi plugin installed, not the Cubase plugin. (Or vice versa, you have the Cubase plugin installed but have downloaded a profile for the Midi plugin)
  3. The logging is enabled, as described, at the bottom of any Cubase/Midi plugin in the Stream Deck editor. Click the little arrow at "Help and logging" to expand the section where the logging checkbox is.
  4. If you are using the Cubase plugin, please note that this plugin is not further developed or maintained since changes to Cubase make it obsolete.
  5. If you are using the Midi plugin, please note that you cannot use the Cubase profile, which is made for the Cubase plugin.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Profile not loading in StreamDeck Properly Empty Re: Profile not loading in StreamDeck Properly

Post by Admin Sun May 12, 2024 9:31 pm

Looking closer at your image, I can see you have downloaded the profile for the Midi plugin while you (probably) have the Cubase plugin installed. That combo doesn't work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KDobCyp Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:05 pm

Hi again,
Please accept my apologies for leaving you hanging there!
The streamdeck was a kind birthday gift from my wife so after I tested it last month I had to retrun it to her for wrapping & keeping until my birthday this week :-)
So I will now look closely at your kind replies to try hard to understand everything and revert hopefully this afternoon.

KDobCyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Happy Birthday. cheers bounce
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KDobCyp Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:37 pm

Many thanks for your kind wishes!

OK, having spent quite a while going through my procedure from last month, the penny has dropped as we English say, meaning I realise what stupid thing I've done! I now realise that there is a separate MIDI plugin (from the Cubase plugin) so once I installed that into streamdeck the buttons came alive with the correct icons which work great (although I'm not sure what many of them do exactly yet).

If I understand all the website advice correctly, when Steinberg decide to drop the generic remote, the Cubase plugin will stop working but the MIDI plugin will continue to work.
However, will I still be able to use the Streamdeck's 'hotkey' function to access the keyboard shortcuts that are saved in that current version of Cubase and any changes made in the key commands feature including macros please?

KDobCyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:07 pm

KDobCyp wrote:If I understand all the website advice correctly, when Steinberg decide to drop the generic remote, the Cubase plugin will stop working but the MIDI plugin will continue to work.

The MIDI plugin will continue to work, and the key commands of the Cubase plugin will continue to work, with the restrictions described on my Cubase page.

KDobCyp wrote:However, will I still be able to use the Streamdeck's 'hotkey' function to access the keyboard shortcuts that are saved in that current version of Cubase and any changes made in the key commands feature including macros please?

Yes, the Stream Deck hotkey function emulates keystrokes as if they came from the computer keyboard and will function as long as Steinberg supports keystrokes (which, hopefully, will be forever).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KDobCyp Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:05 pm

Thank you for confirming that.
Much appreciated 🙏

KDobCyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum