Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is a NRPN midi signal possible with MIDI Control?

2 posters

Go down

Is a NRPN midi signal possible with MIDI Control? Empty Is a NRPN midi signal possible with MIDI Control?

Post by jwilder-phbc Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:40 pm

I have an Allen & Heath soundboard and the volume faders are adjusted with a NRPN midi signal. The command is sent in the following format:

B1 63 <input> B1 62 17 B1 06 <velocity (0-127)>

velocity is what sets the fader level. 

Is there any way to do this with MIDI Control?

jwilder-phbc

Back to top Go down

Is a NRPN midi signal possible with MIDI Control? Empty Re: Is a NRPN midi signal possible with MIDI Control?

Post by Admin Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:20 pm

Sorry, NRPN is currently not supported by the plugin. Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

jwilder-phbc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Is a NRPN midi signal possible with MIDI Control? Empty Re: Is a NRPN midi signal possible with MIDI Control?

Post by jwilder-phbc Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:39 pm

Okay thanks.

jwilder-phbc

Back to top Go down

Post by jwilder-phbc Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:03 am

I was able to make it work by letting the MIDI Plugin send a Control Change signal to MIDI Translator Pro.

jwilder-phbc

Back to top Go down

Post by jwilder-phbc Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:49 pm

After getting the MIDI plugin buttons to work with faders using Bome MIDI Translator Pro, I was able to create a custom fader db file for the Stream Deck and it displays the correct fader values as I adjust the fader volume, but I have a few questions:

1) Every time I restart the Stream Deck or reconnect it and try to adjust the fader value, it starts from the lowest possible value. Is there a way to by default set the fader value on the Stream Deck to certain value? My soundboard volume levels are all balanced at 0, +10 is the highest value and -50 (inf) is the lowest.

2) Also, I was wondering if there's a way to keep the Stream Deck in sync with my soundboard? So if the fader value is changed directly at the board, or by another MIDI program, the Stream Deck would be updated based on that.

jwilder-phbc

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:14 am

jwilder-phbc wrote:Is there a way to by default set the fader value on the Stream Deck to certain value? My soundboard volume levels are all balanced at 0, +10 is the highest value and -50 (inf) is the lowest.
When Stream Deck starts, all values are 0 and there is currently no way to set any other default value.

jwilder-phbc wrote:So if the fader value is changed directly at the board, or by another MIDI program, the Stream Deck would be updated based on that.
I would say that this is a job for the soundboard and/or Bome. If the plugin receives the same CC as it sends, it will update the display, so if soundboard sends NRPN commands that Bome translates to CCs, it should work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down