Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streamdeck+ trying to link sample start/end point to dials

3 posters

Go down

Streamdeck+ trying to link sample start/end point to dials Empty Streamdeck+ trying to link sample start/end point to dials

Post by Cabbe Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:40 am

Hey!

Loving the midi plugin! but i'm not very skilled in how to setup the dials. i'm trying to control the "sample start" point and the "sample end" point in a drum rack with two dials. I was looking through the "Midi plugin 3.1 update" video on youtube and i think that i need to use the endless dial features. 

Streamdeck+ trying to link sample start/end point to dials Stream13

But i'm not sure how to set it up. I tried just copying the settings you had in the video and it kinda works when i turn counterclockwise. But not clockwise. Any pointers as to what i should do to make it work both ways? Smile

Streamdeck+ trying to link sample start/end point to dials Stream11

Cabbe

Back to top Go down

Streamdeck+ trying to link sample start/end point to dials Empty Re: Streamdeck+ trying to link sample start/end point to dials

Post by Runepune Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:35 am

I don't quite understand why you're using CW/CCW in this situation...?

Runepune

Back to top Go down

Streamdeck+ trying to link sample start/end point to dials Empty Re: Streamdeck+ trying to link sample start/end point to dials

Post by Admin Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:39 am

Hi,

I don't have Live so I can't test this myself.

How is your Midi mapping configured in Live? Is the control configured as an absolute or relative controller?

If it isn't, I suggest trying to configure the control as an absolute controller in Live and use the Control Change (not the CW/CCW) command on Stream Deck. That way, you can get visual feedback on the control position on Stream Deck (if the Midi port in Live is marked as "Remote").
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Cabbe Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:12 pm

Runepune wrote:I don't quite understand why you're using CW/CCW in this situation...?
you know. i don't really know why either Smile like i said i'm in a bit over my head i think. So i just tried the settings from the youtube video. And they actually kinda worked for counterclockwise turning Smile so i just thought that i was on the right track Smile

Cabbe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down