Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selected mixer mackie for cubase : Yellow exclamation point

2 posters

Go down

Selected mixer mackie for cubase : Yellow exclamation point Empty Selected mixer mackie for cubase : Yellow exclamation point

Post by bensmir Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:40 pm

Hello, I setup two buttons to control the channel volume fader (upper and lower button), I selected streamdeck2daw and dawtostreamdeck in midi in and out port, but I get a yellow exclamation point when I press the button, I missed something

bensmir

Back to top Go down

Selected mixer mackie for cubase : Yellow exclamation point Empty Re: Selected mixer mackie for cubase : Yellow exclamation point

Post by Admin Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:59 pm

Hi,

Please enable extended logging, restart the Stream deck software (important!), press the button, and send me the log file.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

bensmir likes this post

Back to top Go down

Selected mixer mackie for cubase : Yellow exclamation point Empty Re: Selected mixer mackie for cubase : Yellow exclamation point

Post by bensmir Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:33 am

Hey, here is the file
https://we.tl/t-cqgnaR8kOk

(By the way I am unfamiliar with mackie, what can I control with the knob (v-pot). Like can I control the pre gain of the select channel ? or does it control something specific alread)

thanks

bensmir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:40 am

Thanks,

You have buttons for the "Selected channel", but the plugin does not know which channel is selected in the daw, or, a channel outside of the 8 channels controlled by Mackie is selected.

If you select a channel in your daw, the buttons should work.

V-pots have predefined functions. Please google images on a real Mackie device and check the "VPOT Assign" section for the different functions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bensmir Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:43 pm

I am selecting a channel on cubase, but it still doesn't work. What do you mean by "a channel outside of the 8 channels controlled by mackie is selected" 

Does that mean that if I have a project with more than 8 channels, it will not work ?

bensmir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:09 pm

A real Mackie Control can "see" 8 tracks at a time (called a bank), and you have buttons to switch bank (move which 8 tracks the device can see) left or right. Anything outside of the currently visible 8 tracks is unknown to the device (and to the plugin)

Please read the box about "Some notes about the 'Selected channel' choice" in the documentation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bensmir Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:00 am

Admin wrote:A real Mackie Control can "see" 8 tracks at a time (called a bank), and you have buttons to switch bank (move which 8 tracks the device can see) left or right. Anything outside of the currently visible 8 tracks is unknown to the device (and to the plugin)

Please read the box about "Some notes about the 'Selected channel' choice" in the documentation.

Hello, Ok I have read it, and it appears that it's the same problem I am facing with the 8 knobs of my komplete m32 keyboard, on cubase, I never know which knob control which channel

My question is, how do I solve all of this ? How do know if "the channel selected not among the channels currently controlled by a Mackie Control device" ? 

bensmir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:29 am

When you start Cubase, the first eight channels are controlled by Mackie Control, and unless you press any button to change this (channel/bank right/left), this is where it stays.

If you in Cubase select a track not among the first eight, it will be "unknown" by Mackie devices.

In the Cubase mixer, a white line indicates which eight tracks are currently mapped to Mackie Control:

Selected mixer mackie for cubase : Yellow exclamation point MackieLine
Admin
Admin
Admin

bensmir likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bensmir Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:41 pm

Okay so basically having a button that control the current selected channel is not possible

bensmir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:06 pm

I don't know what you mean by that.

As described in the documentation, you can have a configuration where the plugin is aware of 64 channels, making it possible to have a button that controls the currently selected channel if it is any one of those 64 channels.

If that still isn't enough for you, you need to get a device with its own midi protocol that goes beyond the limitation of the Mackie Control protocol.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down