Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted

+2
arbibarbarona
Admin
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 3 Empty Re: Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted

Post by willmodelisme Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:25 pm

I was about to do a clean reinstall of stream deck software and midi plugin to check if it can help but I'll wait a bit just to see if it work good again with an updated version from you.
But honestly this is not at all an issue for me and I can cope with as long as it is needed.
Many tks for your work.
Happy to help you.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 3 Empty Re: Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted

Post by Admin Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:25 pm

@willmodelisme The code was a bit messy and could suffer from race conditions, so I cleaned it up.

Version 2.8.2.162 will hopefully work better.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:55 pm

Perfect, issue vanished and all works fine.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:26 am

Teaser.

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 3 2022-12-15_03-23-15
Admin
Admin
Admin

willmodelisme likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:21 am

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 3 Screen19

Dial Press on the toggle the Icons seem not to respond.

I noticed that only if the Fader Value reaches 127, then the Icon changes to On State.
Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 3 Screen20

And the touch portion on the upper left is too small or tight.. Sometimes I miss touching it.

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:17 am

arbibarbarona wrote:Dial Press on the toggle the Icons seem not to respond
Yes, I noticed that. I made a slight change in that version that caused this problem. Sorry. It will be fixed in the next version.

arbibarbarona wrote: The touch portion on the upper left is too small or tight. Sometimes I miss touching it.
I've restricted the touch area to the icon, so it's relatively small. It felt logical to do so, but as you say, it's easy to tap outside. I'll extend the area a bit; it will work as long as it's the only tap function on the display.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:09 am

A new version with several changes:

• The way the values are displayed can be selected in several ways, including dB.
  • Values can be displayed for V-pots.
  • After having press-rotated, the press-rotate information lingers a bit longer (1.5 seconds) on the display.
  • The state icon is correctly updated when the state changes.
  • The tap area for the state icon is significantly larger. Before, only the icon area (40x40) was used; now, an area of 80x80 is used, so a tap anywhere in the vicinity of the icon will trigger a state change.
  • Some back-end changes to synchronize midi values more consistently between actions and external connections.
  • I changed the name back to V-pot (sorry). It's the name used in other actions, so I wanted to keep the name the same.

Please download version 2.8.2.182 and test it. What are your opinions; Is this version stable and feature "complete" in a way that it is reasonable to call this Version 3.0 and release it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:37 am

I will survive for V-knob to V-pot  Very Happy
This release is working perfectly.
The delayed display for press dial is a great idea and the time is OK for me.
I have tested several tap and I never miss it. Great.
i was not able to display dB, still searching but can find it.
I have "none", "number", "percent", "percent from midpoint" only.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:54 am

willmodelisme wrote:i was not able to display dB, still searching but can find it.
I have "none", "number", "percent", "percent from midpoint" only.

Great, thanks. The dB component in the code must be initialized, something I forgot in the Dial action but have in the CC and Mackie buttons. So in my tests, I got the correct list of dB options since I had a CC button in the profile. Embarassed

I'll add the proper initialization to the Dial action. In the meantime - add a CC button to the profile; you don't need to configure it; the mere existence of it will initialize the dB component.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:06 am

another small issue with "dial rotate while pressed...":

-If I set a press dial function and I want to remove it by selecting "none" in the "midi Command" tab the display stays (inactive).
-I need first to select "none" in the Display tab.

Don't know if this is the correct behaviour or not but wouldn't' it be better that the display is removed by selecting "none" in the "midi Command" tab ?

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:19 am

willmodelisme wrote:another small issue with "dial rotate while pressed...":

-If I set a press dial function and I want to remove it by selecting "none" in the "midi Command" tab the display stays (inactive).
-I need first to select "none" in the Display tab.

Don't know if this is the correct behaviour or not but wouldn't' it be better that the display is removed by selecting "none" in the "midi Command" tab ?

The display for that part should, of course, be removed when you set "None" in either the display dropdown or in the command dropdown. The problem is only present when the rotate display is set to "horizontal bar". I'll fix it. Smile

(You wouldn't believe the complexity under the hood to handle all the combinations of parameters correctly... Rolling Eyes )
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:26 am

I trust you believe me.
I had only started to play with V-pots and fader XML files and get headache  Very Happy

An other thought for you:
-for me the dial press via the screen can be a problem if you set multiple pages and want to swipe between pages. A swipe action sometimes end with an unwanted press ation before and I sometimes have a swipe if I press the screen.
This is certainly a stream deck issue because I noticed it with other plugins.
Not sure you will be able to do much about that.
Maybe having the possibilities to unable the "screen press" function ?

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:49 am

Yes, the swipe functionality is all Elgato business, and I would say that it's a bug if they send a tap event to the plugin while doing a swipe.

That said, I have tried hard to swipe back and forth in various ways and have not got a single tap event to the plugin.

I don't know if your device is different or if your swipe action is different, but hopefully, it isn't a widespread problem (...and if it is, Elgato needs to do something about it).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:07 pm

Yes on my SD+ swipe together with press is very messy whatever plugin I use.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:30 pm

If I use CC on the Midi Press/ tap action In toggle  it function as intended. the State of Icons On/Off are changing... But not with Program Change nor Note on / Off.

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:42 pm

I have the same.
For note ON/OFF toggle, only note OFF is sent out.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaykulina Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:23 pm

Having several values to select is neat but i noticed a few things
1. When using percent from midpoint there is no zero. it goes from -1 straight to 1
2. When using percent it doesn't go in even steps. It goes like 0,2,3,5,7,8,10 and so on
3. When using dB (i use Nuendo +6dB) The range is from -80.4 to 6.02 which seems kinda odd to me.

4. Tapping the state icons works fine for me now. (only tested cc, though)
5. V-Pot is fine.

Jaykulina

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:25 pm

arbibarbarona wrote:If I use CC on the Midi Press/ tap action In toggle  it function as intended. the State of Icons On/Off are changing... But not with Program Change nor Note on / Off.

Found it, thanks. Note On/Off is fixed.

Program Change is by definition a Push command; it has no values so either you send a Program Change command or you're not. Maybe it would have been better to only define one icon for that, but I only threw it in because I could  Embarassed  and reused existing code wherever possible. I don't know if there is any real use for it.

A Program Change toggle could possibly be designed to send different Program Change commands for On and Off, but that requires changes to the editor that I can't justify at the moment, And I still don't know if there would be any real use for it. What do you think? Maybe I should remove the Program Change option to avoid confusion.

The development cycle for this button has been faster than normal, and the help from you all in finding issues is invaluable.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:35 pm

Jaykulina wrote:Having several values to select is neat but i noticed a few things
1. When using percent from midpoint there is no zero. it goes from -1 straight to 1
2. When using percent it doesn't go in even steps. It goes like 0,2,3,5,7,8,10 and so on
3. When using dB (i use Nuendo +6dB) The range is from -80.4 to 6.02 which seems kinda odd to me.

5. V-Pot is fine.

1. I can't reproduce that; when I try it takes a single step for each dial step. What are your settings?
  2. Same as above.
  3. There is an error in the default settings where the min value is set to 1. If you change it to 0, you will get "-Inf" at the lower boundary. For some reason "6.02 dB" is what is displayed in the Nuendo mixer when the fader is at the top position.

Windows or macOS?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Jaykulina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:30 pm

Admin wrote:

The development cycle for this button has been faster than normal, and the help from you all in finding issues is invaluable.

Your plugin might be the first to have an updated version that take control for the SD+ rotary.
Very few (that I am not aware) to no other one at the moment.

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 3 Img_1312

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:13 pm

Cool faders. Smile  Have you made them? May I steal them and include them in the package? cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:19 pm

I just modified the Background.png into Faderset/Dials/Dark.
File is attached.
Attachments
Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 3 Attachment
Background.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaykulina Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:08 pm

Admin wrote:
Jaykulina wrote:Having several values to select is neat but i noticed a few things

5. V-Pot is fine.

1. I can't reproduce that; when I try it takes a single step for each dial step. What are your settings?
  2. Same as above.
  3. There is an error in the default settings where the min value is set to 1. If you change it to 0, you will get "-Inf" at the lower boundary. For some reason "6.02 dB" is what is displayed in the Nuendo mixer when the fader is at the top position.

Windows or macOS?
Ahh sorry, my fault. So obvious. I had set the min/max/step to 1/127/2 for some reason.
Changed it and now they all work fine. except the 6.02dB of course just like you mentioned.
I'm on Windows 10

Jaykulina

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:55 pm

I have built the dBCurve file for a Behringer X32 but cannot send it as an attachment.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:01 pm

willmodelisme wrote:I have built the dBCurve file for a Behringer X32 but cannot send it as an attachment.

You may need to zip it.

What do you mean by "dBCurve file for a Behringer X32"? For all I know, Behringer X32 is a Mackie Control device without any dbCurve of its own.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next