Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

String Interpolation for Displaying the Value?

2 posters

Go down

String Interpolation for Displaying the Value? Empty String Interpolation for Displaying the Value?

Post by cjunekim Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:28 pm

Hi

It would be great if I could use the actual MIDI CC value for the shown text, with a kind of string interpolation. So for example,

Code:
{LOWEQ : $value}

would display,
Code:
LOWEQ : 31
or so along with the fader graphics, for example.

Moreover, using a translation file along with this would be great. So, for example, $translated_value would display the translated value instead.

Currently, my roundabout way is using two buttons. One button above displays the name of the parameter I am to control, and the button below displays the actual midi cc value along with the graphic visualization(fader). As you see this method uses two buttons for each control -- wasting precious buttons!

Another option to do this is adding the current script feature as an option to other types of buttons, for example MIDI Control Change. So, button type being a fader, you can add script feature to manipulate the text. This will allow the user maximum flexibility, maybe.

Or, the other way around might be possible. In the Script button, you can provide a way of displaying fader, v-pot and so on, along with its already built-in actions.

I am not sure which one is easier to implement.

cjunekim

Back to top Go down

String Interpolation for Displaying the Value? Empty Re: String Interpolation for Displaying the Value?

Post by Admin Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:07 pm

Hi,

I've looked at creating an "All inclusive" button where you can freely mix the midi function with the display function, but I find it immensely complex to do.

And for the near future, all development will focus on adding functionality to SD+ dials, I'm afraid.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down