Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Display the current MIDI tempo (from MIDI Sync Clock) ?

2 posters

Go down

Display the current MIDI tempo (from MIDI Sync Clock) ? Empty Display the current MIDI tempo (from MIDI Sync Clock) ?

Post by benoit Thu May 18, 2023 1:06 am

Would there be a technical way to display the current tempo on the display of one button ?
I don't think the mackie protocol provides this value, but it may be computed from the  MIDI Clock message.

benoit

Back to top Go down

Display the current MIDI tempo (from MIDI Sync Clock) ? Empty Re: Display the current MIDI tempo (from MIDI Sync Clock) ?

Post by Admin Thu May 18, 2023 9:45 am

Hi,

A Script button with the following script will display BPM:

[(time){text:#B#}]
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

benoit likes this post

Back to top Go down

Display the current MIDI tempo (from MIDI Sync Clock) ? Empty Re: Display the current MIDI tempo (from MIDI Sync Clock) ?

Post by benoit Thu May 18, 2023 1:24 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your quick answer  Very Happy and for this excellent Stream Deck plugin that save my musician life !!

I have tested this script with a MIDI input with an input clock.
Code:

It has no effect. I understand that the "time" event is not received.

When I change "time" to "press", the expression checker displays "Expression '#B#' cannot be calculated. I understand that "#B#" is not understood as a equivalent to BPM value, and that the expression checker is not activated with "time".

The log provides this additional information:

Code:
[Expression '#B#' cannot be calculated. : System.Exception: The value for variable b was not set!
   at org.matheval.Expression.VisitNode(Node root)
   at org.matheval.Expression.Eval[T]()
   at StreamDeck_Midi.Script_Action.ValidateExpression(String text, List`1 msgs) in P:\Projects\StreamDeck-Midi - Core 3.1\StreamDeck-Midi\Script\Script_Data.cs:line 348]

What are the available variable names ? How b can be set ?

When looking at the documentation in the script setup menu I cannot find any information about :
  • the "time" event type
  • the "#B#" expression

In fact, only the "press" event type is referred, and there is nothing about such hash-tagged expressions.

I also looked at provided scripts but none provides any example for "time" or text expressions.

Is there any additional information provided as a complement documentation ?
Is the source code opened so I can check this information in the code itself ?

Practically, I find it could be great to provide a tap tempo button displaying the current tempo with Ableton, if possible with a flashing light.  Cool  Can someone help me to go further ?

Thanks,
Ben.

benoit

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 18, 2023 2:06 pm

Please check the last section (time) on this page.

Please note that the daw must be configured to send Midi CLock on the port the plugin is listening on.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by benoit Thu May 18, 2023 9:46 pm

It works perfectly ! Thanks ! Display the current MIDI tempo (from MIDI Sync Clock) ? Icon_wink

For information, I use the following command
Code:
[(press){noteon:1,86,127}]
With the script Ableton Selected Track Control.
This is now a tempo button with Tap tempo action.

Note : The title section must remain empty

benoit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down