Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted

+3
Admin
BenniD
altarofwisdom
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 3 Empty Re: Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted

Post by Admin Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:59 pm

I thought I finished a week ago, but there have been many changes since then.

• I guess that "Rotate while pressed" isn't much used; I totally lost that functionality with the first 3.1 beta, and no one mentioned it. Shocked  Anyhow, it's back now.  Smile
  • Generic Midi and Multi Midi should have the same features now (both can handle endless dials and translation files, among other things).
  • There are new options for highlighting the selected item in Multi Midi, including an option to dim the non-selected items.
  • All reported bugs should (hopefully) be fixed.
  • Some properties are now saved in the global storage and used as default values when you create new dials (selected display type, selected fader, selected v-pot, selected frame/arrow, non-selected item opacity and straight/jagged 4-Vpot display)
  • And probably a bunch of other things that I have forgotten.  Embarassed

So, I repeat my statement from last week; I see this as a release candidate unless some nasty bugs are found.

Version 3.0.0.251 Download the latest version in later posts.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

arbibarbarona likes this post

Back to top Go down

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 3 Empty Re: Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted

Post by willmodelisme Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:06 pm

Are the colored arrow new ? I love them.
No bug so far, still playing around with.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:16 pm

willmodelisme wrote:Are the colored arrow new ? I love them.

Yes, the arrows are made by @arbibarbarona, and the non-selected opacity is also his idea.
Admin
Admin
Admin

arbibarbarona and willmodelisme like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:39 pm

Real awesome. Now this is working great!

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:09 pm

There is a bug though. 

When I assign a 4 Jagged Pots... all icons were lost.

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 3 Screen63
Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 3 Screen64

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:12 pm

Even when I copied the 3rd Dial  assignment to the fourth dial... it doesnt show any.
The only way to restore is to exit Streamdeck App and launch again...

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:24 pm

arbibarbarona wrote:When I assign a 4 Jagged Pots... all icons were lost.

Sorry about that.

I've fixed that, along with some other problems. While doing that, I realized that the arrows don't work with the jagged design; I need to take a look at that.

Version 3.0.0.258 Download the latest version in later posts.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:41 pm

Awesome.....

Now I think all the Plugin developer should follow what you have done in the SD+...

arbibarbarona

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:45 pm

And I would always mention this that the Multi MIDI is way better than the Dials Stack...

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:46 pm

Really like the new dim function. It increases the overview what channel is currently controlled by the encoder.

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:58 pm

Noticed that when you jump / touch from one control to another the MIDI Value also jumps... it doesnt retain the value which its currently in... Is this a bug?

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:03 pm

All working really well for me now Very Happy

Playing about with Multi MIDI some more now too that it has the same feature set as a Generic MIDI - works great.

Maybe one tiny extra useful feature that could be added if there are any other updates to this release candidate - what if we had an extra option for Dial Press Action that would switch to the next item in a Multi MIDI? I know you can do it with the touchscreen which works brilliantly, but could be a nice tactile extra option to have?

Of course sweep this under the rug for future too if it's too much, you've already done so much getting this version ready for release!

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:08 pm

arbibarbarona wrote:Noticed that when you jump / touch from one control to another the MIDI Value also jumps... it doesnt retain the value which its currently in... Is this a bug?

Yes, that seems to be a bug in the jagged view. *sigh*  this thing really has a lot of combinations to handle... Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:59 pm

arbibarbarona wrote:Noticed that when you jump / touch from one control to another the MIDI Value also jumps... it doesnt retain the value which its currently in... Is this a bug?
I have the same if the CC control number is the same.
It disappear with different CC control number.
Don't know if make sense to control the same CC control number with different V-pot or fader but for me not at all.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:14 pm

I have two issues I am working on at the moment.

1. When moving one dial, other dials using the same CC will not move. This is, unfortunately, a pretty serious bug.
  2. When moving dials in the jagged view, the values disappear 1.5 seconds after you have stopped moving the dial. This is probably a very simple bug, but I haven't looked at it yet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:55 pm

Looks like the show state icons (Generic Midi) are again not reacting to incoming midi messages to switch back once activated.

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:19 am

So much for "release candidate".  Crying or Very sad

I f***ed up the midi connections pretty bad; sorry about that. I can't really see how I missed that in my tests.  Embarassed

I don't dare call this a release candidate, but I've fixed your reported issues.

Version 3.0.0.264
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:01 am

Using the Multi MIDI command:

Pressing the dial on ch2/cc101/val127,0 will set the Dial rotate action ch1/1cc101 to max. val 100

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 3 Screen14

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 3 Screen15

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:28 am

Joerg wrote:Using the Multi MIDI command:

Pressing the dial on ch2/cc101/val127,0 will set the Dial rotate action ch1/1cc101 to max. val 100

Thanks, I'll fix that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:02 pm

NEW FEATURE IDEAAdmin wrote:
Joerg wrote:
Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 3 Screen13

As long as nobdy comes up with a proper tool to define & setup proper streamdeck display graphics  Wink I thought it might be easier for you to recycle the padding functionality from the Mackie Fader Command, that's all.

Adding padding for the icon would leave a very short span for the fader, and I don't know if that's a good idea. Maybe having the icon stationary and letting the fader overlap could be better. I'll add the option to show icons to the wish list and will look at it when everything calms down.

Would it be possible to exchange e.g. the handle icon (one with a different color) on the "dial press action" to indicate mute?

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:45 pm

Joerg wrote:Would it be possible to exchange e.g. the handle icon (one with a different color) on the "dial press action" to indicate mute?

It's a nice idea; certainly possible but would require some thinking to make it easy to implement (and use). I'll add it to the wish list.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:21 pm

Some final(?) connection problem fixes (as reported by @Joerg) and some performance enhancements.

Version 3.0.0.270
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:08 pm

Works fine for me.
I only made a custom background for my better seeing:

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 3 Img_1314

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:20 pm

A final (?) version with some minor changes.

• Some new panning options for the value display.
  • The color popup has a close button.
  • You can tap very close to the bottom edge when tapping the display to deselect all items. This can be used to "lock" a dial if you don't want to risk unintentionally changing the value. Please let me know if you find this feature annoying or, in some other way, unwanted.

I have a virtual Mac with terrible performance; helpful to see that the plugin starts but not for much more. If anyone is using a Mac, please let me know if you think everything works as expected (...assuming that you know how it is supposed to work... Cool )

Version 3.0.0.346
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:53 pm

Admin wrote:
  • You can tap very close to the bottom edge when tapping the display to deselect all items. This can be used to "lock" a dial if you don't want to risk unintentionally changing the value. Please let me know if you find this feature annoying or, in some other way, unwanted.

I didn't knew that it is possible to define different parts of the led to react differently to being touched. Is there any information available on this by elgato?

But being able to deactivate the encoder button might also be usefull for other actions.

Last edited by Joerg on Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next