Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted

+3
Admin
BenniD
altarofwisdom
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 2 Empty Re: Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted

Post by Admin Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:09 pm

Joerg wrote:It would be cool being able to replace the "title" with two different tbd icons in "Dial press action." (analog to "Generic Midi")
When everyone has been shouting about needing a title, you want to remove it?   Very Happy  Are you talking about titles just about everywhere or just for V-Pots?
Joerg wrote:Another idea would be, being able to switch the background colors of "value display" or "title" depending on the "Dial press action." (displaying a muted channel) 
Yes, that might be a good idea. There's a slight problem with V-Pots, though; I have not enabled background colors for texts inside V-pots since the V-pot is round and the text field is rectangular. Displaying a rectangular field on a round V-Pot just looks ugly.
Joerg wrote:Based on the ideas above, it would be neat being able to define paddings Top and/or Bottom to fix "value display" and "Title" from moving.
Is this different from the collision option "Do Nothing", which will leave the texts where they are?
Joerg wrote:Looks like the display of 3 items does not resize correctly when the 1st item is deactivated. When you deactivate the 4th item resizing works correctly.
Yes, due to the way the display layout work for dials, each item is hard-coded to its space on the display. Resize only works if you deactivate items from the end. (I could have solved it more flexibly, but that would have introduced additional complexity in something that is already very complex, so I opted for this reduced flexibility)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 2 Empty Re: Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted

Post by Joerg Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:58 pm

I really like the current "Generic Midi Command" and being able to combine the channel name (an icon in this case) and the Mute/un-mute information. This saves so much room and tydies up the display.

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 2 110

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 2 Screen12

"idea" (btw. the emoticons used as title already work)

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 2 Screen13

As long as nobdy comes up with a proper tool to define & setup proper streamdeck display graphics  Wink I thought it might be easier for you to recycle the padding functionality from the Mackie Fader Command, that's all.

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:44 pm

Joerg wrote:
Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 2 Screen13

As long as nobdy comes up with a proper tool to define & setup proper streamdeck display graphics  Wink I thought it might be easier for you to recycle the padding functionality from the Mackie Fader Command, that's all.

Adding padding for the icon would leave a very short span for the fader, and I don't know if that's a good idea. Maybe having the icon stationary and letting the fader overlap could be better. I'll add the option to show icons to the wish list and will look at it when everything calms down.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:49 pm

OK, guys. Unless you find any showstoppers, my plan is to release this version as V3.1. I need to update the doc and record a video, and I know some Elgato staff is on leave at the moment, so it will probably take a week or so before it is released.

Version 3.0.0.117 Download the latest version in later posts.

This version has some internal fixes, performance improvements and pixel adjustments.

• Do you think "Mixer View" is an appropriate name for the action, or is something else to be preferred?
  • Do you think the new action icon (on the dial in the editor) is good, or was it better before with the same icon for both actions?

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:07 pm

• Do you think "Mixer View" is an appropriate name for the action, or is something else to be preferred?

What about " Multi Midi" ?

• Do you think the new action icon (on the dial in the editor) is good, or was it better before with the same icon for both actions?

Yes Smile

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by bbtoxic Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:55 am

Thanks for adding labels. Could you maybe add a Display Mode for displaying labels only (top/middle/bottom option maybe)? With v3.0 I added a custom Fader Design for each rotary to achieve this.

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 2 Screen10

bbtoxic

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:48 pm

Yesterday I finished creating profiles for all of the MIDI devices I want to control with SD+ (13 in total) and for the most part I've had great success. A few features I have previously requested, that could be added in the future will make for an even better experience.

I have noticed one slight issue though with the current build and it relates back to translation files for custom Value Displays. Most of them work fine, you direct to the translation file and it loads up automatically. 
However I am having some MIDI commands just not load up their translation file, or take a very long time to do so. They show the green check mark indicating a correct file is loaded / located, but the value is displayed as 0 - 127. Sometimes wiggling the pot around will force it to load after a few seconds, but other times it will just refuse to load the custom data value and stays displaying 0 -127.

I have all of my XML files stored in Documents > Trevliga Spel > MIDI Translation, and haven't moved any of them or anything like that.

Luckily it is only a couple of translations that aren't working properly - and they did originally work when I first set them up. Would be great if we can get everything working smoothly. Let me know if there is any other information I can provide to help work out this issue.

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:55 pm

BenniD wrote:Let me know if there is any other information I can provide to help work out this issue.

An extended log file covering the situation where it fails, together with the translation file, would be super.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:56 pm

bbtoxic wrote:Thanks for adding labels. Could you maybe add a Display Mode for displaying labels only...

I can add it to the wish list. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:18 pm

Admin wrote:
BenniD wrote:Let me know if there is any other information I can provide to help work out this issue.

An extended log file covering the situation where it fails, together with the translation file, would be super.

I'm not sure what I did, but all fixed now and working as it should be. When the Stream Deck software quits, or computer shuts down etc it can sometimes take a little delay for custom Values to load up when you reboot the software. But we are talking less than 1 second now, and if you interact with the v-pot in question it will instantly load up the translation file and change to correct display values. No more permanently hanging on generic MIDI CC values.

I have one question which is totally unrelated to the MIDI app, but I don't know any other people using Stream Deck+ so thought I would ask. Does anybody know if it is possible to change the swipe direction to scroll through pages? Haven't found anything via google and nothing obvious in the SD software...

Cheers

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:36 pm

BenniD wrote: When the Stream Deck software quits, or computer shuts down etc it can sometimes take a little delay for custom Values to load up when you reboot the software.

I'm checking my log file, and it shows about 2.5ms to load the translation file, which happens before the first update of the display.  Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:03 pm

Admin wrote:
BenniD wrote: When the Stream Deck software quits, or computer shuts down etc it can sometimes take a little delay for custom Values to load up when you reboot the software.

I'm checking my log file, and it shows about 2.5ms to load the translation file, which happens before the first update of the display.  Shocked

I filmed a little video to show you what I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS0gtjnUIKE

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:55 pm

Thanks for the video; quite an impressive studio, I must say.  Very Happy

I cannot reproduce your problem, but I suggest you try the latest version to see if things change.

I realized that the Multi Midi action wasn't updated with the latest features available for the Generic Midi action (especially translation files and endless dials), so I decided to add those features to the Multi Midi before release. During that work, I realized I needed to redesign the inner logic where the plugin keeps track of all opened files, ports, channels and controls since things were getting increasingly complex and, honestly, a bit messy.

One thing that got redesigned was handling translation files; even though I can't say something was wrong before, I'm pretty confident that the plugin now has better control over the files and when they should be opened (and closed). If you have the same problem with this version, I'm interested in getting my hands on a log file.

I don't know if you regularly back up your profiles, but I suggest you do so before installing this version. I haven't seen any issues with it, but there are a lot of internal changes, so it's good to have something to fall back on in case of disaster.

Version 3.0.0.190
Admin
Admin
Admin

Yowh and BenniD like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:33 pm

Admin wrote:Thanks for the video; quite an impressive studio, I must say.  Very Happy

I cannot reproduce your problem, but I suggest you try the latest version to see if things change.

I realized that the Multi Midi action wasn't updated with the latest features available for the Generic Midi action (especially translation files and endless dials), so I decided to add those features to the Multi Midi before release. During that work, I realized I needed to redesign the inner logic where the plugin keeps track of all opened files, ports, channels and controls since things were getting increasingly complex and, honestly, a bit messy.

One thing that got redesigned was handling translation files; even though I can't say something was wrong before, I'm pretty confident that the plugin now has better control over the files and when they should be opened (and closed). If you have the same problem with this version, I'm interested in getting my hands on a log file.

I don't know if you regularly back up your profiles, but I suggest you do so before installing this version. I haven't seen any issues with it, but there are a lot of internal changes, so it's good to have something to fall back on in case of disaster.

Version 3.0.0.190

Thank you, yeah it's a cool studio but Stream Deck makes it much cooler!

I've just recorded another video for you. I backed up and then updated and filmed what was happening, and it seems there are now also new issues I wasn't previously experiencing.

And I also have what I believe to be the logfile you are after, although do correct me if I'm wrong and point me in the right direction. I have extended logging enabled in the plugin and the file I've uploaded is pluginlog.txt from Library >Application Support > com.elgato.streamdeck > plugins >se.trevligaspel.midi.sdplugin

pluginlog.txt

Hope this is helpful!

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:12 pm

I see you're on a Mac; I don't know if that's the problem. Razz

No, to be serious, I haven't a clue what is going on. Everything seems incredibly slow on your system, and I don't understand why. Are page/profile switches as slow when using other plugins as well?

The mysterious thing is that I can't see anything of that behavior in the log file!? The log file looks precisely as it should; judging from that alone, I would say everything is okay. Shocked

Every time you switch pages or profiles, the plugin has finished everything within 100ms, and I can see no apparent reason why a profile/page switch should take longer than 100ms. The ridiculous long delays before things show up on the display are not visible in the log file.

The translation files are loaded as they should, and it's a total mystery why they aren't used from the very beginning.

I'll add additional logging to get more details on what is going on and will publish a link once that is done.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:13 pm

Looks like the new Version got at least one new bug. 

Changing "on/off" icon just changes the icon ones, but does not switch the icons any more afterwards. 
(Generic Midi)

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:21 pm

Joerg wrote:Looks like the new Version got at least one new bug. 

Changing "on/off" icon just changes the icon ones, but does not switch the icons any more afterwards. 
(Generic Midi)

Oh my. Embarassed

It works on my system. Are you in Windows or macOS?

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:24 pm

Admin wrote:I see you're on a Mac; I don't know if that's the problem. Razz

No, to be serious, I haven't a clue what is going on. Everything seems incredibly slow on your system, and I don't understand why. Are page/profile switches as slow when using other plugins as well?

The mysterious thing is that I can't see anything of that behavior in the log file!? The log file looks precisely as it should; judging from that alone, I would say everything is okay. Shocked

Every time you switch pages or profiles, the plugin has finished everything within 100ms, and I can see no apparent reason why a profile/page switch should take longer than 100ms. The ridiculous long delays before things show up on the display are not visible in the log file.

The translation files are loaded as they should, and it's a total mystery why they aren't used from the very beginning.

I'll add additional logging to get more details on what is going on and will publish a link once that is done.

Oh dear! Well just let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you with this!

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:36 pm

Admin wrote:
Joerg wrote:Looks like the new Version got at least one new bug. 

(Generic Midi)

Oh my. Embarassed

It works on my system. Are you in Windows or macOS?
Update:

After trying to get more infos using Pocket MIDI (hooking some ports) suddenly communication was re-established. Might have been a loopMIDI issue?  Shocked  (at least I am on Windows)

Last edited by Joerg on Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:37 pm

BenniD wrote:Oh dear! Well just let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you with this!

I just realized that the version you have can give much more info as it is. Could you please do as follows:

• Delete the log file (just to get rid of old logging), the plugin will create a new, empty log file. "~/Library/Application Support/com.elgato.StreamDeck/Plugins/se.trevligaspel.midi.sdPlugin/pluginlog.txt"
  • Locate the trigger file for extended logging in the same folder, "~/Library/Application Support/com.elgato.StreamDeck/Plugins/se.trevligaspel.midi.sdPlugin/EnableLogging.txt"
  • Open that file for editing.
  • Add the text "insane" anywhere in that file.  Laughing
  • Save the file.
  • Make some page/profile switches where the problem occurs. Don't do too much, if it's obvious that the problem (with the translation file not being used) has occurred, please do no more, get the log file and send it to me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:05 pm

Admin wrote:
BenniD wrote:Oh dear! Well just let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you with this!

I just realized that the version you have can give much more info as it is. Could you please do as follows:

• Delete the log file (just to get rid of old logging), the plugin will create a new, empty log file. "~/Library/Application Support/com.elgato.StreamDeck/Plugins/se.trevligaspel.midi.sdPlugin/pluginlog.txt"
  • Locate the trigger file for extended logging in the same folder, "~/Library/Application Support/com.elgato.StreamDeck/Plugins/se.trevligaspel.midi.sdPlugin/EnableLogging.txt"
  • Open that file for editing.
  • Add the text "insane" anywhere in that file.  Laughing
  • Save the file.
  • Make some page/profile switches where the problem occurs. Don't do too much, if it's obvious that the problem (with the translation file not being used) has occurred, please do no more, get the log file and send it to me.

OK, done all of this, here is the log file!

I also filmed again just as I was doing this, in case it is of any help to you.

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:10 am

Nope, that log file didn't help, I'm afraid. Crying or Very sad

It just deepens the mystery. In the end, when a page swap takes some seconds to complete, I see in the log that there are 1.5-second delays when the translation files are to be read.

The problem is that there is almost no code between the delayed log entry and the log entry before that. The plugin just checks the file system to see if the file exists; that takes, for some reason, 1.5 seconds!? The next step, where the whole file is read, takes 4 milliseconds. And this happens for each of the dials on that page.

The dials that have problems with not showing translated values, switch to translated values once you reach the endpoint (0 or 127), which is absolutely nuts; there is no code in place to do that!

I have prepared a new version with a lot of additional logging. Please trigger the problem once more using this version. The "insane logging" is preconfigured, so you don't need to do anything to enable it.

If possible, I'd also like ta have a look at the translation file for the SUB DIV dial to see if there is anything in the file that gives the plugin some headache.

Version 3.0.0.196
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:03 am

Please export the profile with the SUB DIV dial, and PM me a zip with that profile along with the folder with the translation files.

Hopefully, I can reproduce your problem on my computer, and if so, have a chance to troubleshoot it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:19 am

I am back from holidays, away from my PC and wow, what an improvement with this new release.
Great job.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:39 pm

I noticed that the Overlay for the Selected CC in the Multi MIDI gets a little annoying like in my example. 

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 2 Untitl10

What if we have the option to overlay in reverse thru the xml. The un-selected control will have an overlay of say a 45% opacity black png so it will look darker than the selected CC. it will look this way.

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted - Page 2 Untitl11

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next