Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted

+3
Admin
BenniD
altarofwisdom
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted Empty Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted

Post by Admin Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:01 am

Please download and install Version 3.0.0.51

Changes:
  • The entire graphical span is still used when a reduced midi span is defined.
  • Translation files can be used to define custom value displays. The translation files are used for display-only; they do not affect sent midi commands.
  • Titles can be added. The built-in title handling is a bit restricted, so I have added title fields to the plugin area.
  • Texts can be colorized, and texts superimposed on faders can have colorized backgrounds.
  • A new "Mixer action" where each dial can control up to four faders enables a view with up to 16 faders simultaneously. (tap the fader on the display to select which fader the dial should control)

As always, comments about the good and the bad are very welcome. Especially:
  • Is the title handling "good enough"? I've struggled to find space for the titles in the various display combinations, and the space available allows for very short titles.
  • I don't know if the Mixer action will make it to the published release. Is it of any use at all?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

RobK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted Empty Re: Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted

Post by arbibarbarona Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:05 pm

The 4 Fader function in the knob is highly appreciated.
Does this also mean that we can enable pot design along with the fader?
Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted Der10

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted Empty Re: Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted

Post by arbibarbarona Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:07 pm

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted Screen24

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:13 pm

How about a four V-pot could also be a great feature.

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted Screen25

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:50 pm

arbibarbarona wrote:How about a four V-pot could also be a great feature.
Cool ideas Smile

Do you see a "need" to have pot and fader designs mixed in the same action? The code to handle that action is massive and wouldn't be more lightweight if I added pot options.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:05 pm

A mix of v-pot and Fader might be great in Mackie controls.
As I see it is slightly better than the Dial Stack action. since all your parameters are displayed. 

Or another 4 V-pot action is also cool rather than the Dial Stack, in my opinion.

And if combined with Dial stack... there is an endless possibility of making the SD+ a great tool for the Music Producer.

arbibarbarona

Yowh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:17 pm

Wow you have addressed everything I requested in a matter of days, amazing work!

The Title is like you say quite simple, but I think it is effective and most importantly makes it much easier to interact with SD+. I'm sure there probably is room for improvement, but it works great for now.

Could you point me in the direction of how I would make translation files to change the value display. Apologies, but it's something new to me and I didn't turn up much info with a quick Google.

Cheers!

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:24 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

BenniD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:29 pm

I used this translation file for tests:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<MidiSteps version="1.1">
 <Default send="yes" receive="yes" display="" image="" displayonsend="yes" useclosestvalueonreceive="yes"/>
 <StepValues>
   <Step value="0" display="Yes"/>
   <Step value="1" display="This"/>
   <Step value="2" display="Works"/>
   <Step value="3" display="Very"/>
   <Step value="4" display="Good"/>
 </StepValues>
</MidiSteps>
Admin
Admin
Admin

BenniD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:30 pm

Thank you! I’ll read up on all of that and also try out the text you put above. Will report back!

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:02 pm

Everything is working so much better than before with these new features added in this beta, thank you again! It is so much easier to use now with titles and customisable values. I almost have my entire Strymon Timeline mapped out with the knobs now Very Happy

There is one small issue I have come across. When you have a V-Pot with a max step set to something lower than 127 (in my case 18) and you set the value to display as a percentage - scrolling the knob will display the percent out of 127 steps, rather than the user defined max. So for example for me when I max out my scroll to 18, it shows as 14%. It would be great if the percentage shown could adapt to work correctly with the maximum steps!

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:00 am

BenniD wrote:Everything is working so much better than before with these new features added in this beta, thank you again! It is so much easier to use now with titles and customisable values. I almost have my entire Strymon Timeline mapped out with the knobs now Very Happy

There is one small issue I have come across. When you have a V-Pot with a max step set to something lower than 127 (in my case 18) and you set the value to display as a percentage - scrolling the knob will display the percent out of 127 steps, rather than the user defined max. So for example for me when I max out my scroll to 18, it shows as 14%. It would be great if the percentage shown could adapt to work correctly with the maximum steps!
  You can use this code in your translation file.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<MidiSteps version="1.1">
 <Default send="yes" receive="yes" display="" image="" displayonsend="yes" useclosestvalueonreceive="yes"/>
 <StepValues>
  <Step value="0" display="0"/>
  <Step value="1" display="5.6%"/>
  <Step value="2" display="11.1%"/>
  <Step value="3" display="16.7%"/>
  <Step value="4" display="22.2%"/>
  <Step value="5" display="27.8%"/>
  <Step value="6" display="33.3%"/>
  <Step value="7" display="38.9%"/>
  <Step value="8" display="44.4%"/>
  <Step value="9" display="50%"/>
  <Step value="10" display="55.6%"/>
  <Step value="11" display="61.1%"/>
  <Step value="12" display="66.7%"/>
  <Step value="13" display="72.2%"/>
  <Step value="14" display="77.8%"/>
  <Step value="15" display="83.3%"/>
  <Step value="16" display="88.9%"/>
  <Step value="17" display="94.4%"/>
  <Step value="18" display="100%"/>

</StepValues>
</MidiSteps>

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:53 am

BenniD wrote:It would be great if the percentage shown could adapt to work correctly with the maximum steps!
That sounds reasonable; I'll fix it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

BenniD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:12 pm

One more request from me... is it possible to have PC data on the V-Pots? Would be cool for certain pieces of gear I have, such as a Digitech Whammy where the different presets are selected on the actual hardware with a very similar hardware knob to SD+.

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:20 pm

One of the reasons for the Midi Command dropdown in the editor was to enable a future expansion with other command types if need be.

I have so much else to attend to before looking at that, but I'll add it to the wish list.
Admin
Admin
Admin

BenniD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:23 pm

Admin wrote:One of the reasons for the Midi Command dropdown in the editor was to enable a future expansion with other command types if need be.

I have so much else to attend to before looking at that, but I'll add it to the wish list.

Excellent, thank you!

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:18 pm

Time for an update. This version has a lot of new things in it and is a rather significant restructure of the internal code to handle all the million combinations possible better. Due to this, your existing Mixer dials will probably miss some properties you configured earlier. This is expected and a consequence of the new features and the restructuring. If possible, delete your current Mixer dials and create new ones.

If you see any problems with the Generic Midi dial, please let me know; there shouldn't be such problems with that action.

This version has the following:

• V-pots are available in the Mixer action. (...causing the name "Midi Mixer" to be slightly inaccurate, I think. Do you have any better suggestion? "4 in 1"?)
  • When 4 V-pots are used, there is an option to display them in a straight or jagged line.
  • Smaller fonts are used to enable slightly more text. Please tell me if it's a bad move.
  • When a limited Midi span is used (e.g., min=40, max=90), the percentage numbers are based on the actual Midi span, not the entire Midi span 0-127. (min=40 => 0%, max=90=> 100%). Faders, V-pots and bars use the entire graphical span to visualize a limited Midi span.
  • The Midi Dial action has a new option to enable different CCs to be sent on clockwise/counterclockwise movements.
  • ... and probably a lot more that I have forgotten.

Version 3.0.0.101 Download the latest version in later posts.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

BenniD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by altarofwisdom Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:38 pm

Dear Dev (don't know your name lol),

Just purchased a StreamDeck+ yesterday and spent full day playing with it and your midi plugin.
Firstly, great job !
Currently tested it with REKORDBOX to expand my DDJ400 features (not so good alas due to poor REKORDBOX midi possibilites), and with Logic.

As a response to you question:
-> I don't know if the Mixer action will make it to the published release. Is it of any use at all?
I just set it to control the 4 sends of selected track, looks pretty stable. Main issue is that no feedback being possible on IAC bus (mentioned in Logic's documentation), pots won't display current value nor catch up so you need to turn the pot up or down to latch to current value in Logic and only then it starts reacting, which makes it quite useless. I guess this would work better if you implemented that in a Mackie Control pot (which I hope is in your plans), but even in that case I'm not sure we can have this on "Selected Track" and not have to address a fixed one...

Cheers,
Altar
P.S. I'll probably send more informations later

altarofwisdom

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:00 am

New Beta is awesome. I just notice a Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted Screen26few things

The last icon isn't aligned perfectly with the 3rd on jagged display option.

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:50 am

And the whole lot could move a bit to the right. Arrow
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:18 pm

a 58x58 pixel size might be best for the jagged view of the v-pot.Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted Backgr10
Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted Screen27

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by BenniD Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:53 pm

Everything in this beta is working great for me so far as I build up my new MIDI devices profile's.

One more thing that could be cool that I'd like to see in the future if possible:

The ability to enable a V-Pot to scroll back around to the minimum step after reaching the maximum if I keep scrolling in the same direction - basically creating a sort of endless encoder. This would be quite useful for certain things, but should definitely not be the default behaviour and should be enabled by a switch / menu. Something like that?

Happy New Year, wish you a successful 2023!

BenniD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:50 pm

Yes, a scrub wheel function (endless encoder) is planned and will probably be added when Mackie Control functions are added.
Admin
Admin
Admin

BenniD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:58 pm

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted Screen10

Two ideas in the old year..

It would be cool being able to replace the "title" with two different tbd icons in "Dial press action." (analog to "Generic Midi")

Another idea would be, being able to switch the background colors of "value display" or "title" depending on the "Dial press action." (displaying a muted channel) 

Based on the ideas above it would be neat being able to define paddings Top and/or Bottom to fix "value display" and "Title" from moving.

Last edited by Joerg on Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including image)

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:15 am

Looks like the display of 3 items does not resize correctly when the 1st item is deactivated. When you deactivate the 4th item resizing works correctly.

Stream Deck + beta tester for V3.1 wanted Screen11

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next