Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted

+2
arbibarbarona
Admin
6 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 4 Empty Re: Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted

Post by willmodelisme Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:12 pm

I have reported all dB value of the X32 for each midi value in order to have a proper display when using a fader.
Now o dB in my SD correspond to 0 dB in the console.

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 4 Sdmidi13

Should you need iy, there it is:
Attachments
Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 4 Attachment
db127_BehringerX32.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 4 Empty Re: Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:21 pm

willmodelisme wrote:I have reported all dB value of the X32 for each midi value in order to have a proper display when using a fader.
Now o dB in my SD correspond to 0 dB in the console.

Are you controlling a controller using Stream Deck? I don't understand the connections.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:40 pm

Yes, very helpful for live situation where the console is too far away (small places sometimes).
Also my show are mostly theater/dance with video Cues (Show Cue System) and live speaking/singing actors.

If I set the all show, I am not conducting it (I am on stage  Very Happy ).

The person who conduct the show isn't a tech familiar with console and need a very simple setup.
All is already done with the stream deck.
He/she basically need only hit net video Cue and to mute a mic, or a group of mic during the show.

The possibility now to set a fader level is a plus that I can make available in an easy way for him/her.
And the possibilities are endless.

Behringer is simply connected via USB to the main PC as well as the SD+ (and Show Cue System) and they communicate via midi.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:01 pm

I have fixed all known issues (I hope). It will be relabeled to 3.0.0 and published if no more issues are found.

Version 2.8.2.198
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:24 pm

All is working fine.
Any chance you can activate the title/text option ?
Useful when you have stacked button.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:01 pm

willmodelisme wrote:Any chance you can activate the title/text option ?
Useful when you have stacked button.

At the moment, no. Titles work very differently on dials than on buttons.

On buttons, the Stream Deck software handles the titles, and the plugin isn't even aware if a title is entered, let alone which text is registered.

On dials, the title is sent to the plugin, and it's the plugin's responsibility to display it. I currently have no code to handle this, and I really don't know where to put a title.

So, sorry, it may come in some future release, but not in this one. Neutral
Admin
Admin
Admin

willmodelisme likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaykulina Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:13 am

Couldn't find any issues with this Version. Looks all fine to me.

Jaykulina

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:38 am

Just for fun...

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 4 Img_1313

willmodelisme

Admin and arbibarbarona like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:38 pm

Is any of you using this on a Mac? When I try it on my virtual mac (Big Sur), I get all kinds of error messages stating that a package (that is a part of the installation) is missing. Question
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:03 pm

No Mac sorry.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:35 pm

OK, I had updated some packages that were supposed to work on macOS but obviously didn't.  Shocked  
I reverted to the previous versions, and now it works. *phew*  cheers

Unless any more oddities are found, this version will be released next week.

Version 2.8.2.229

I'd appreciate it if anyone with a Mac could verify that it works.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:27 pm

First impressions: installed 2.8.2.83, easy to install and stable

turning knob +-1 and pressing & turning the knob +-10 works
turning knob +-10 and pressing & turning the knob +-1 does not work

When you are using CC xx 0-100 (not 127) the display graphic is not rescaled. It would be nice to let the display run from 0-100%.

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:38 pm

Joerg wrote:
First impressions: installed 2.8.2.83, easy to install and stable

turning knob +-1 and pressing & turning the knob +-10 works
turning knob +-10 and pressing & turning the knob +-1 does not work

When you are using CC xx 0-100 (not 127) the display graphic is not rescaled. It would be nice to let the display run from 0-100%.
You say version 2,8,2,83, that's an "old" version. I can't reproduce the problem in pt.1 using the latest (2.8.2.229) version.

Pt.2. Yes, this would be a nice feature. I'm trying to freeze the current version with the plan to release it next week, but this feature is on the wishlist for coming versions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:09 pm

To Admin:
Is Joerg testing on MAC or do you still need Mac testers ?
Do you want me to make a "call for tender" on Elgato FB group ?

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:20 pm

I believe that @arbibarbarona will be able to verify the functionality on a Mac.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:26 pm

3. Does the Show icon state change work? While your "old mackie" commands switch to the "Off" icon the new knob display doesn't.
Perhaps I am to stupid to make it work.

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Joerg wrote:3. Does the Show icon state change work? While your "old mackie" commands switch to the "Off" icon the new knob display doesn't.
Perhaps I am to stupid to make it work.
Are you using the latest version (2.8.2.229)?

If the press action is set to Toggle mode and has two different icons, it will display the correct state.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:01 pm

Admin wrote:Are you using the latest version (2.8.2.229)?

If the press action is set to Toggle mode and has two different icons, it will display the correct state.

It would be nice, if the Push mode would also display the off icon when receiving a "0".  Very Happy

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:39 pm

I do have a correct feedback behaviour on On/Off icons.
Same for V-pots or fader.

Last edited by willmodelisme on Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:44 pm

Joerg wrote:It would be nice, if the Push mode would also display the off icon when receiving a "0".  Very Happy
Good point. I'll check why it doesn't do that.

There is no check for push/toggle when a midi command is received; if two icons are defined, the correct midi in and out ports are defined, and the On/off values are set, the proper icon will be shown.

Joerg, you haven't answered if you are using the latest version; there may have been problems with this in earlier versions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:55 pm

Yeah, I am on 2.8.2.229 now.

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:59 pm

Joerg wrote:Yeah, I am on 2.8.2.229 now.
...and I see that you are correct, it doesn't switch to the off icon if set to push. How odd. Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:05 pm

Found it; it was a problem with the display method, not the reception method.

Thanks for reporting it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:03 am

Moin Gunnar,

I don't know whether you can do anything about it, but the received MIDI update behavior of the new display (knob) works different to the existing Mackie commands.

4. Is it possible to update received MIDI infos according to the Mackie commands?

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Joerg Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:10 am

Probably related to 4. another example 
display/knob changes mackie fader vs mackie fader does not change display/knob

Joerg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next