Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted

+2
arbibarbarona
Admin
6 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Empty Re: Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted

Post by willmodelisme Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:22 pm

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Img_1310

Only one rotary encoder of the stream deck with 16 stack can replace my DIY 16 midi CC controller.
OK, the DIY one is a real midi controller, stand alone and do not need extra software but this is amazingly versatile and possibilities will be endless.

willmodelisme

arbibarbarona likes this post

Back to top Go down

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Empty Re: Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted

Post by arbibarbarona Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:03 pm

willmodelisme wrote:Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Img_1310

Only one rotary encoder of the stream deck with 16 stack can replace my DIY 16 midi CC controller.
OK, the DIY one is a real midi controller, stand alone and do not need extra software but this is amazingly versatile and possibilities will be endless.

Indeed. The possibilities are endless with SD+ knobs.

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:44 pm

OK, time for an update.

• You can switch between half and full V-knob displays.
  • You can select fader display (with a couple of pretty boring built-in examples).
  • You can select horizontal bar display (but I don't know if this will survive, the fader display performs the same function, what do you think?)
  • The press action can send Note On/Off.

There is still no display part for the "rotate while pressed" action when using a different CC.

Download version 2.8.2.123 here.

The internal parameters controlling everything may be somewhat redesigned from version to version in order to handle new situations. During this alpha test period, I don't spend too much time checking and migrating parameters in order to be backward compatible, so in the worst case, you may find that some settings made in the previous version don't survive the update to the next version. I hope you will bear with that.

Comments on design and functionality as always welcome.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

willmodelisme likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:21 pm

I had personally always uninstall previous version before the update Laughing .
Option for Full V-knob (good naming  Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 1f60b ) is also a very good point.
Between fader an H-bar, I love all both, fader is good and we can design our own and horizontal bar is also great because it's minimalist. With a dark-ish background it look very pro.
All tested with no issue except when using stacking button, the midi value overlay with the tiny icon top right.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Empty Feedback V2.8.2.123

Post by Jaykulina Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:14 am

Thanks for all your effort.
The half and full V-Pot display works as expected. I personally don't see why someone would ever want a half V-Pot but maybe that's just my opinion. Would love to hear what others think about this.
Displaying the fader and the horizontal bar also works fine.
I like the horizontal bar and it would make much sense to me if i could define color ranges. like for example 90-100% Red 51-89% Yellow 0-50% green or in midi values instead of percent.
I think it would also be good to have an option to only display the Values in large numbers.
I noticed that the press action interferes with the dial Stack function. If using it in a dial stack the dial stack the next stack function will override the defined function.
I'm not sure on how elgato intended this to be but i would like to be able to use for example the midi plugin functions on dial rotate and rotate while pressed but for press id like to use a keyboard shortcut for example or perhaps an entirely different plugin.
The Note On/Off function also appears to work fine although it still displays control changes in the inspector as you probably know.

Jaykulina

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:23 am

Here a vid shows the conflict about midi value displayed and the little stacking icon when using stack button function and horizontal bar or fader.

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Img_1311

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:19 am

Jaykulina wrote:
I like the horizontal bar and it would make much sense to me if i could define color ranges. like for example 90-100% Red 51-89% Yellow 0-50% green.
As far as I understand it, the bar is somewhat limited regarding customization. I can set a color or a (somewhat undefined) "gradient", but the level of control you suggest is not possible, and whatever I set is fixed; I cannot change it depending on user choices.

Jaykulina wrote:...midi values instead of percent.
I think it would also be good to have an option to only display the Values in large numbers.
Yes, the value options will be expanded later.

Jaykulina wrote:
I noticed that the press action interferes with the dial Stack function.
Yes, it does. I discussed this with Elgato at an early stage, and it is "by design". Since they use the press function to switch actions in the stack, the plugin will never be notified that the dial is pressed.

If you assign state icons to the press action in the plugin, you will be able to trigger that same command by tapping the icon in the display; this will work even when used in a stack.

My plan is to add a similar tap functionality to enable the "rotate while pressed" functionality, probably by tapping the fader in the display. Like "tap the fader to switch between actions 1 and 2". I want to enable this functionality only when the plugin is in a stack, but currently, this information isn't available to the plugin. I have requested that the plugin will get information on whether it is in a stack or stand-alone, and Elgato will include this in an updated SDK.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Jaykulina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:23 am

willmodelisme wrote:Here a vid shows the conflict about midi value displayed and the little stacking icon when using stack button function and horizontal bar or fader.
Yes, I've moved the value, so it doesn't clash with the stack icon.

Currently, I cannot determine if the plugin is in a stack or not, but when I get that information I might have different settings depending on usage.
Admin
Admin
Admin

willmodelisme and Jaykulina like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:45 am

Playing with fader design...

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Sdfade10

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaykulina Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:58 am

Admin wrote:
Jaykulina wrote:
I like the horizontal bar and it would make much sense to me if i could define color ranges. like for example 90-100% Red 51-89% Yellow 0-50% green.
As far as I understand it, the bar is somewhat limited regarding customization. I can set a color or a (somewhat undefined) "gradient", but the level of control you suggest is not possible, and whatever I set is fixed; I cannot change it depending on user choices.

Jaykulina wrote:...midi values instead of percent.
Yes, the value options will be expanded later.

Jaykulina wrote:
I noticed that the press action interferes with the dial Stack function.
Yes, it does. I discussed this with Elgato at an early stage, and it is "by design". Since they use the press function to switch actions in the stack, the plugin will never be notified that the dial is pressed.

If you assign state icons to the press action in the plugin, you will be able to trigger that same command by tapping the icon in the display; this will work even when used in a stack.

My plan is to add a similar tap functionality to enable the "rotate while pressed" functionality, probably by tapping the fader in the display. Like "tap the fader to switch between actions 1 and 2". I want to enable this functionality only when the plugin is in a stack, but currently, this information isn't available to the plugin. I have requested that the plugin will get information on whether it is in a stack or stand-alone, and Elgato will include this in an updated SDK.
Sounds good.

Jaykulina

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:15 pm

Also playing with Fader Color Design.

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Screen15

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:25 pm

The Midi value gets interfered with the Stack icon in that mode.

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Screen16

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:00 pm

I have this Idea to add in the fader design Instead of using a Knob PNG use a similar approach to the rotary ring only this time it's rectangular. We can also have the option to add a fader knob or not in the xml.Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Screen17

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:01 pm

I appreciate all the good ideas you guys have.

Version 2.8.2.155 can be downloaded from here.

I see it as an (at least close to) release candidate and "feature complete" as far as I can go for the moment. There are still things I want to get in there, especially stack detection and a way to change the text color according to what you select in the editor, but I need additions to the SDK to do those things.

Please give me feedback on the dynamic "rotate while pressed" display parts; I'm not sure if those are good solutions.
  • On knob designs, the bar for the "rotate while pressed" value is only displayed while you rotate while pressing.
  • On fader/horizontal bar designs, the value number for the "rotate while pressed" is displayed while you rotate while pressing and then returns to showing the main fader value.

@arbibarbarona, the colored faders look cool but may interfere with an idea of mine (namely, to have the fader background be the VU meter in the Mackie action). I don't know where to put the VU meter unless we use the same space as the fader (unless we have a vertical VU meter and a slightly shorter fader). The colored fader without a handle is also interesting but has the same issue as above. Let's brainstorm a bit and see if we can find a way that solves all purposes.

Unless there are any urgent issues in this version, I will move on to a Mackie Control action, which will essentially be the same but targeted at Mackie Control commands instead of ordinary Midi commands.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:29 pm

There seems to be a small issue when you select "horizontal bar" for the Dial rotate action and "horizontal bar (volume or pan)" for the Dial rotate while pressed action.
The midi value does not increment + or - correctly for the dial press.
No issue when v-knob or Fader is selected.

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:38 pm

willmodelisme wrote:
The midi value does not increment + or - correctly for the dial press.

I cannot reproduce that, please take a screenshot of your settings, and I'll see if I get the same problem with identical settings.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:40 pm

@willmodelisme are you on Windows or macOS?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:44 pm

On windows 10.
Did a fresh install, same issue. Here are my settings:

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Sdmidi11

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:51 pm

How odd. Question  I have the same settings but not that problem.

Please enable extended logging, move the dial and send me the log file. Maybe I can see something in the log.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:59 pm

Here is a logfile.
Attachments
Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Attachment
pluginlogwill01.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(26 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:14 pm

Did you have the display issue during that logging? It looks perfectly normal in the log, and the correct midi commands are sent.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willmodelisme Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:36 pm

Yes the issue remains.
I confirm that the midi data are correctly sent out (using Protokol fr my test).
Here is another exemple:

willmodelisme

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:55 pm

Stream Deck+ alpha tester wanted - Page 2 Screen18

Awesome. Fader, Pan and Mute track...

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:01 pm

I heard there is a Swipe Up/ Down action that was never used... can somehow explore that for the Track Selection?

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:09 pm

@willmodelisme I would say that that can't happen, so it's a bit annoying that it does. Shocked

It's completely illogical, and the only explanation I can think of is that it's a timing issue. I'll have a look at it and see if I can do things differently.

@arbibarbarona I'm afraid I falsely stated that before I got my hands on the SDK. Looking at the available events, there is only a single tap and no swipe. Sorry. Embarassed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next