Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davinci Resolve Fairlight Fader problem

3 posters

Go down

Davinci Resolve Fairlight Fader problem Empty Davinci Resolve Fairlight Fader problem

Post by arbibarbarona Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:08 pm

I tried the Mackie Controller in Davinci Resolve Fairlight. Transport buttons, Pan Track select seems working fine. But the fader doesn't move at all. I don't know what protocol Resolve uses in its consoles. I saw someone used a Korg NanoKontrol2 and faders are working in his setup. I don't know if it's possible with this plugin and Streamdeck.

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Davinci Resolve Fairlight Fader problem Empty Re: Davinci Resolve Fairlight Fader problem

Post by Admin Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:13 pm

I haven't a clue what protocol Davinci Resolve Fairlight is using. When searching for info I get the impression that the Mackie Control protocol is only partially implemented, and "only in the Fairlight page" (whatever that is...)

What you can do is: enable extended logging, move some fader in Fairlight, stop extended logging and send me the log file. Hopefully, I can see in the log how it communicates and if the plugin should work. Keep the extended logging enabled as short time as possible, since the Mackie Control protocol is extremely chatty.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Davinci Resolve Fairlight Fader problem Empty Re: Davinci Resolve Fairlight Fader problem

Post by arbibarbarona Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:16 am

Here's the log file between Resolve Fairlight.

I can use transport, Play Stop REwind forward. Panning works.
In my Streamdeck button assigned to fader doesn't move the Fairlight Fader. But If I mouse move the fader of the App it display change of number to the Streamdeck.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IPI9JiXqb23UGS_c0v1-6N0QS4KbMnZS/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1IPI9JiXqb23UGS_c0v1-6N0QS4KbMnZS/view?usp=sharing

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:33 pm

I can't see anything wrong in that log. From the plugin point of view, everything works exactly as expected, fader commands are received and sent according to the Mackie protocol. I don't know why Fairlight doesn't respond to fader commands but the problem must be on that side.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by blackest Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:41 am

Davinci Resolve has a lot of shortcut keys and you can add more.
It doesn't seem to be controlled as in you can add a shortcut for something and that may clash with another function that already has that shortcut assigned. 

in Davinci Resolve 18.1.3 build 8 you can export the original shortcuts file for davinci, it's a text file and relatively straight forward to read.  Some third party keyboard files are quite scrambled but blackmagic have been nice and grouped the functions. 

If you add these lines to the fairlight section, you should have things working in fairlight, don't delete the existing Fairlight Controls.

fairlightActionsAudioBusAssign := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+1
fairlightActionsAudioBusFormat := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+2
fairlightActionsAudioPatchInputOutput := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I
fairlightActionsLinkGroup := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+4
fairlightActionsOscillatorSettings := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+U
fairlightActionsPresetsLibrary := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+3
fairlightActionsRecord :=
fairlightDebugSettings :=
fairlightDumpDebugLogs :=
fairlightInputMonitorStyleAuto := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+]
fairlightInputMonitorStyleInput := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+\
fairlightInputMonitorStyleMute := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+[
fairlightInputMonitorStyleRecord := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P
fairlightInputMonitorStyleRepro := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+O
fairlightViewClipInfoDisplay := Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R 

There is a note at the start of the file which reads

# see EBNF grammar in UiKeyBindings.cpp

# because this is OS X, our "Ctrl" string means Command, "Alt" is Option and
# "Meta" is Control.

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Resolve File Edit View Mark Playback Color Nodes Help
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fader setup in Streamdeck

For Channel faders i have 3 Buttons per channel and 8 channels.
first button is a solo button with 2 colors.
front settings are

Title: left blank  //this allows the channel name to be displayed (first 4 characters)
section: Channel 1
function: Show Lower row from the LCD strip
on the selected image its the same with the title S1 //any title overwrites the sent name, you can leave it blank if you prefer.

The next button is upper
Title: left blank
section: Channel 1
function: fader
Track name: Don't show track name
Fader speed: set as prefered.
Fader direction: up and send touch
Value display: none
Fader graphics: Mixer-like
Background/Handle: Dark background Blue handle
Orientation/scale : Vertical 10db scale.
VU Meter: unchecked
Button type: Upper

You may want to copy paste this button that way the fader speed is identical in both directions
and change 
Fader direction from up to down
button type: Lower

Copy and paste for channels 2 to 8

You will also want a pair of buttons for switching banks
this is 
Title left blank
section: Daw Functions
Function: Fader Banks: Bank Left

The other button is similar but
Function: Fader Banks: Bank Right 

With the mackie controller it works in banks of 8 
so left bank 1 - 8 right bank 9 - 16 right again 17 - 24  if you have 12 channels then bank Right will be 5-12.
The master output track is bus1 usually another group maybe bus2 There is a problem that the output buses go on the end so with 6 inputs and 2 outputs thats fine 7 and 8 are the 2 output buses if you have 7 inputs bus1 takes the 8th spot and bus 2 disappears  with say 12 inputs  when you shift to bank right there are no output buses shown.

Also as far as I can tell Fairlight does not send out VU levels but I could be wrong.

blackest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down