Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Logic Pro X Feature requests

2 posters

Go down

Logic Pro X Feature requests Empty Logic Pro X Feature requests

Post by SoundStudio412 Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:03 pm

I just updated and the transport buttons are working with Logic! Thank you!! 

Please let me know if you'd prefer separate posts for each new feature.

1. I see in the icon pack there are options for Next Marker and Previous Marker. 
Is there a way to program this behavior? I think I've reviewed all the options and didn't see Previous or Next Marker anywhere. 

2. Would there be a way to "Clear Meters" in Logic? 
I'd find that very useful, especially when setting preamp levels on a drum kit for instance. I currently have it programmed to a key command, however that means Logic has to be the app in focus to have it work. 

3. Is there a way to "Record Enable" the selected track? Again, I currently have that on a keyboard shortcut, but it requires Logic in focus. 

4. It'd also be amazing to be able to pull up the Tuner on whatever track is currently selected. 

5. Low Latency mode On/Off would be great as well if possible.

Thanks for all your hard work on this!!

SoundStudio412

Back to top Go down

Logic Pro X Feature requests Empty Re: Logic Pro X Feature requests

Post by SoundStudio412 Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Update:

I was able to use the DAW Functions F1-F7 for the features I requested above. 

This functionality is great - but it'd be even better if it had responsive feedback like the Metronome/Play/Stop/Rec buttons have. 

Thanks again!

SoundStudio412

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:12 pm

Great. Regarding feedback it's all up to Logic. If Logic sends any feedback, the plugin will display it. I don't know if it makes any difference if you use the built-in commands instead of F1-F7.

The Mackie Control implementation in Logic allows for a lot of commands using the modifier keys (Shift, Control and so on). According to the "Logic Pro X Control Surface Support" document (a 200+ pages document!), there is a "small marker mode" where you can go to next/previous marker by holding the Marker key and press Fast Fwd/Rewind.

Please verify that you are using the "Logic Pro" layout in the plugin, then assign the Marker function to one key and Fast Forward and Rewind to other keys and try it out. If that works OK it is possible to extend the layout configuration file to enable such a function on a single button (that automatically emulates the Marker key being used).

I haven't read that document other than searching it for the marker functionality, but I think you can find loads of useful stuff there Cool  And all those commands (I guess) can be added to the layout file to make them available for selection in the functions dropdown in the plugin, but i don't have the time/knowledge to do this for all the "supported" DAWs.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

SoundStudio412 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:14 pm

Some background to my in-depth knowledge on Mac and Logic:

If I remember correctly I temporarily used a Macintosh back in the 80s, and then I haven't been close to a Mac until I installed a virtual Mac in order to test the plugin.  And I think I tested Logic while it was still available on PC and haven't seen it until I installed the trial version to test the plugin. Neutral
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

SoundStudio412 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down