Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MIDI buttons not working with update to 1.8.6 (exclamation point)

2 posters

Go down

MIDI buttons not working with update to 1.8.6 (exclamation point) Empty MIDI buttons not working with update to 1.8.6 (exclamation point)

Post by tack Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:43 am

I just updated to 1.8.6 (Stream Deck software version is 4.9.4.13228) and now all my MIDI buttons are showing an exclamation point overlay when I press them and aren't outputting any MIDI events.

When I create a new button, the MIDI out/in option lists are empty.  Previously created buttons show all MIDI devices when I open the MIDI in or out port menus.

The installation page (sorry, I'm not permitted to link) indicates there is a logging option, but I don't see this option on any of the buttons (either previously created or newly created), so I'm not really sure how to go about troubleshooting.

Frm the version history page, I see that 2.0.0 was released (was that just today? 1.8.6 is dated 2021-04-23 within the Stream Deck app), but this version isn't being offered to me, so I'm not sure how to upgrade to it. Possibly the logging feature is only applicable to 2.0.0?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

tack

Back to top Go down

MIDI buttons not working with update to 1.8.6 (exclamation point) Empty Re: MIDI buttons not working with update to 1.8.6 (exclamation point)

Post by tack Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:53 am

Well, ok, I made the rookie mistake of not having rebooted Windows before posting.

In my defense, I had restarted the Stream Deck software several times.  But when I tried to uninstall the MIDI plugin and noticed it didn't actually uninstall, and then further noticed when I tried the nuke the plugin folder from orbit Windows was complaining about files use even though the Stream Deck software was closed, it was clear something fishy was going on.

Rebooting seems to have remedied the brokenness.  And oh look, Stream Deck is now offering me 2.0.0.  Now in retrospect, and browsing the announcements subforum where I can see when versions were released, I am pretty sure the Stream Deck software had tried to update the plugin but it wasn't properly installed.  It was definitely showing version 1.8.6 with a date of 2021-04-23.  I'm comfortable blaming Elgato for this one.

So, nothing to see here, move along. Razz

Thanks for a wonderful and useful plugin.

tack

Back to top Go down

MIDI buttons not working with update to 1.8.6 (exclamation point) Empty Re: MIDI buttons not working with update to 1.8.6 (exclamation point)

Post by Admin Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:56 am

Very Happy I'm glad you managed to get things going.

In the past I have had similar problems where the uninstall failed but I thought it was a problem just when doing local installations. It's bad if Stream Deck itself has problems when updating from the store. Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down