Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cubase Key Commands Not Showing in Cubase Plugin

2 posters

Go down

Cubase Key Commands Not Showing in Cubase Plugin Empty Cubase Key Commands Not Showing in Cubase Plugin

Post by Maax555 Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:17 pm

Hi all, I am new to SD and have issues immediately. I will mention other issues but primarily here to fix the Cubase Plugin which is not reading the Key Commands from Cubase.

I will quickly mention my other issue just in case it is related
Other serious issue is that when I run a command from SDXL the command works and for example the add instrument track window opens as required. However, the SDXL immediately closes the profile and returns back to the main profile. This only works happens on certain buttons. At the same time this happens my qwerty keyboard stops functioning as normal, foe example most of the letter keys do not work. The odd one type strange symbols/letters (look like a different language). The spacebar does not function, it immediately pops up to tap in time to create tempo. Unless I restart everything it continues. If i press a random sequence of function keys on the qwerty keyboard the keyboard function returns to normal. This seems to be when I repeatedly press between CTRL and ALT (which are obviously some of the keys used in key commands)

I was running the Beta 6.6 SD software but have removed and installed 6.5.2. I also deleted my profiles and started again. I believe I still have the same issue but seems less frequent. I have uploaded a very short YouTube clip under the name of Russ Burke which clearly shows this issue.

So back to key commands. FYI I am on Windows 11 and Cubase 13 Pro.
So I will usually open SDXL and then Cubase.
I click on the Cubase button to open my Cubase profile and then drag a key command instruction to a button. If the command is not available I open Cubase key commands and create it For example I just added ALT+Q to turn on and off Auto Quantise. I test the command on the qwerty keyboard and once I know it works I go back to SDXL software and look for the newly added command. It is not there. I try the various different ways to search and find the quickest way is to choose ALL and then select sort on KEY. I can then see all of the commands and the fact that the new command is missing. Even if I shut down SD (close it in task manager) and start again its not present. If I close down SD and Cubase and re-open then the key command is present. This is not how I have seen others adding key commands on YouTube, the command is simply present as soon as they look for it in the SD plugin.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

PS just in case it matters I still have Cubase 9.5, 10, 11 and 12 installed. I dont ever use them though.

Maax555

Back to top Go down

Cubase Key Commands Not Showing in Cubase Plugin Empty Re: Cubase Key Commands Not Showing in Cubase Plugin

Post by Admin Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:50 pm

Hi,

I moved your question to the Cubase forum since it's about the Cubase plugin.

At the bottom in the editor for a Key Command button, do you have a "Key Configuration OK" message? If you click the arrow to the left of that message, which folder (Cubase version) does it say it has found?

Please send me a log file as described in the last item on the FAQ page. Please send the complete file, not an isolated part you think is important.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Cubase Key Commands Not Showing in Cubase Plugin Empty Re: Cubase Key Commands Not Showing in Cubase Plugin

Post by Maax555 Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:04 pm

My apologies as I did not notice the different sections.
thank you

Green tick for all.
Found Cubase 13 folderĀ 
Key config ok
282 active key commands read from key commands.xml

Log to follow

Maax555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down