Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am trying to toggle off a midi toggle button from outside the streamdeck

2 posters

Go down

I am trying to toggle off a midi toggle button from outside the streamdeck Empty I am trying to toggle off a midi toggle button from outside the streamdeck

Post by bensmir Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:56 pm

Hello, I have a button midi toggle with CC 124, ON = 127 and OFF = 0

I have another button set at CC 123, this button travels to bome midi translator, which translates CC 123 into a keystroke + a CC 124 = 0 

The issue is that I don't know how to make that message cc 124 = 0 "travels back" to the stream deck, so that the button go to the toggle state OFF

I also tried to toggle off the button with another button within the stream deck that send CC 124 = 0, but it doesn't respond to that either

Is the only to toggle off a toggle midi button is to press it directly ?

bensmir

Back to top Go down

I am trying to toggle off a midi toggle button from outside the streamdeck Empty Re: I am trying to toggle off a midi toggle button from outside the streamdeck

Post by Admin Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:24 pm

If Bome is sending the 124 = 0 on the midi port the button is configured to listen on, it will work.

As a side note: I don't know what you are trying to do, but the configuration looks complicated. A script button can do all of what you describe without involving Bome Midi Translator and without the need to route midi messages back and forth.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

I am trying to toggle off a midi toggle button from outside the streamdeck Empty Re: I am trying to toggle off a midi toggle button from outside the streamdeck

Post by bensmir Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:57 pm

Admin wrote:If Bome is sending the 124 = 0 on the midi port the button is configured to listen on, it will work.

As a side note: I don't know what you are trying to do, but the configuration looks complicated. A script button can do all of what you describe without involving Bome Midi Translator and without the need to route midi messages back and forth.

What I am trying to do is that I have a set of buttons and a set of modifiers.

I use the modifiers, as toggle midi buttons, to change the behavior of the first set of buttons.

I do it using bome midi translator, and it works fine. The only thing that I want to do, is for added clarity, to have the different modifiers toggle each other off because I don't want them to be ON at the same time, ever. 

I'll try to investigate more about the script on the main website.

I never scripted before !

Edit : which port should bome midi translator transmit for the stream deck to listen ?

Edit 2 : By redirecting to "Daw2streamdeck" instead of all ports, I am now able to make different toggle buttons toggle off each other in an exclusive manner !

The next step would be to unify the exclusive modifiers into one button (There are 3 so using multi action is not possible) but as you said this is probably done by script, it might be a little complicated for me)

bensmir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down