Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StreamDeck+ Script

3 posters

Go down

StreamDeck+ Script Empty StreamDeck+ Script

Post by lublak Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:17 pm

Currently you can only create Scripts for Buttons.
It would be awesome you can do the same for the dials.

The dial itself should nevertheless be controlled by Min/Max/Step. This setting should be retained.
An event is required for each section.

[(press){noteon:1,42,127}]
[(release){noteoff:1,42,127}]
[(left){noteon:1,42,127}]
[(right){noteoff:1,42,127}]
[(tapdown){noteon:1,42,127}]
[(tapup){noteoff:1,42,127}]

should change the dial {state:0}

Show state icon could be set here via [(release){cc:1,23,0}{leftimage:#none#}{text:#none#}], [(release){cc:1,23,0}{rightimage:#none#}{text:#none#}].
Another variable is required here: #dial# (the current position of the dial between min and max)
This should be available for all events. In order to be able to read out the current value for each event.

These are my thoughts on the subject.

lublak

Back to top Go down

StreamDeck+ Script Empty Re: StreamDeck+ Script

Post by Admin Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:38 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Scripting for dials is an often requested feature. The script syntax you suggest is a good start, but under the hood, it is much more complex than that (otherwise, I would have done it already  Smile).

Believe me, the feature is on my radar, but many things must be solved in a reasonable, easy-to-use way, and I don't yet know how to solve them.

I'll add dial scripting to the wish list, but for the near future, I must advise you to use scripting to "bounce" the commands; with such a solution, you can solve many things even though it isn't as flexible as if the scripts where implemented directly on the dial control.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

lublak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lublak Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:10 pm

Thanks  StreamDeck+ Script 1f60a

lublak

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:48 pm

I have been thinking that a good strategy for scripting dials is to keep the current structure of sections (rotate, rotate while pressed, dial press, screen taps) and to add the possibility of setting every section as a script in addition to the current midi/mackie actions.

I mean i.e that we could set the press dial action to current actions (mute track, solo track, etc) or set it to use a script action.

If this approach is a good choice, dial scripting could be implemented in 2 steps:

1st step: enable scripts for press dial action, left screen tap and right screen tap -> the script language would be the same as it is now, I think that no addition is needed.

2nd step: enable scripts for rotate and rotate while pressed -> script language should add some commands for left rotate, right rotate, etc.
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down