Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StreamDeck with Cubase 12, How To Fix

2 posters

Go down

StreamDeck with Cubase 12, How To Fix Empty StreamDeck with Cubase 12, How To Fix

Post by PaulieDC Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:45 pm

Hi! Just wondering, do you know how to fix this one error when using Cubase 12?

StreamDeck with Cubase 12, How To Fix Cubase10

PaulieDC

Back to top Go down

StreamDeck with Cubase 12, How To Fix Empty Re: StreamDeck with Cubase 12, How To Fix

Post by Admin Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:55 pm

Is the Generic Remote device present in the Studio Setup in Cubase 12?

I noticed in my upgrade that the Mackie Control device was migrated from Cubase 11, but the Generic Remote devices were not. When I added a Generic Remote Device in the Studio Setup, it found the details defined in Cubase 11, so everything was fine after that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

StreamDeck with Cubase 12, How To Fix Empty Re: StreamDeck with Cubase 12, How To Fix

Post by PaulieDC Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:20 pm

That worked! I added the Generic Remote, assigned the MIDI input and out as per your web instructions since loopMIDI was already configured, then I deleted the default control commands in the "In" and "Out" windows for it in Studio Setup. Importing the right .XML file took a few minutes to find, but I went back to your web instructions and found the Generic Remote Template.xml file, imported it in and it's all back! (wrote all that to benefit anyone else who might pop on here).

Thank you!!

Paulie

PaulieDC

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulieDC Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:59 pm

BUT I did notice the Legacy warning on that form... looks like generic Remote will be going away once all the manufacturers get profiles in for the new MIDI Remote feature. Oy vey, more complications, lol.

StreamDeck with Cubase 12, How To Fix Screen10

PaulieDC

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:48 am

Oh, I didn't notice that.

According to posts by Steinberg employees in the Steinberg Cubase forum, the Generic Remote device will not be removed until they are absolutely certain that the MIDI Remote can handle everything the Generic Remote does today. And they don't seem to be in any hurry, so let's hope it stays as long as it is needed. Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down