Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can BPM Script Auto Update?

2 posters

Go down

Can BPM Script Auto Update? Empty Can BPM Script Auto Update?

Post by colachurch Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:53 pm

This may not be possible. But I figured I'd ask. I'm using Logic Pro 10.7.9 on a Apple Silicon computer.

When I use the following script, the BPM value is only updated when I'm actively recording or in playback mode.  

Code:
[(time){text:#B#}]

Is there a way to have the script search for the BPM every few seconds to stay up to date in case I'm monitoring input? There are times where the BPM displayed in the DAW doesn't match what's on the StreamDeck.

colachurch

Back to top Go down

Can BPM Script Auto Update? Empty Re: Can BPM Script Auto Update?

Post by Admin Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:12 pm

BPM isn't something the plugin can "search for". The plugin calculates the BPM based on the frequency of Midi Clock commands received from the daw. If Midi Clock commands are received, the BPM value is updated; if no Midi Clock commands are received, the BPM value is static.

I don't know what options are available in Logic, but Cubase has a checkbox "Send Midi Clock in Stop mode" to enable Midi Clock commands to be sent even when Cubase is not playing. I guess that Logic stops sending Midi Clock commands when you stop playing and that's why the BPM in the plugin is static. If you can configure Logic to send Midi Clock commands all the time, the plugin will update the BPM value continuously.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

colachurch likes this post

Back to top Go down