Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v-pot scribble scripts not updating

2 posters

Go down

v-pot scribble scripts not updating Empty v-pot scribble scripts not updating

Post by rodd Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:23 pm

I have created a profile that has Mackie Control functions on the knobs, with "function" as v-pot, and 

#LCDU#
#LCDL#

In the display configuration. For some reason the LCDU and LCDL do not update when navigating the "screens" from the DAW. For example, Luna now has the ability to select plugins to manipulate. When I use the "VPot Assign: Plug-in" DAW function, it uses the scribble scripts to ask the user to select the plugin. The problem is the scribble script doesn't update with this new menu. If I use the Fader type on the "function", and the same display config it updates fine. Also, with it set to v-pot, if I swipe to another page and back the scribble script will update. I have tried all of the different "v-pot display" styles and they all behave the same. So it seems to be not updating only when the "function" is set to "v-pot". Hopefully this makes sense, it's kind of hard to describe.

edit: using a button that is configured for the channel scribble strips update as expected when the knobs are set to v-pot, so agin it seems that it's just the Display LCDU/LCDL that won't update if they are set to v-pot.

rodd

Back to top Go down

v-pot scribble scripts not updating Empty Re: v-pot scribble scripts not updating

Post by Admin Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:32 pm

How odd.

It seems the strip update is delayed one step when configured as Vpots. If the strip content is A and you change the content to B, A is still displayed if configured as VPot. If you then change the strip content to C, it is changed to B on the Vpot dial. Shocked

I need to dig deeper to se why this happens. Thanks for the report.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

rodd likes this post

Back to top Go down

v-pot scribble scripts not updating Empty Re: v-pot scribble scripts not updating

Post by Admin Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:27 pm

It took a while to fix since my computer broke down, so I had to build a new one. Crying or Very sad 

Anyhow, this version should fix the scribble strip problem.

Version 3.5.3.5
Admin
Admin
Admin

rodd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rodd Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:09 pm

Awesome, thanks!

rodd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:01 pm

I'm not sure it's ok; sometimes, it completely fails to update. :-(
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rodd Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:24 pm

Ok I’ll test it and let you know how it goes. Thanks for working on it though.

rodd

Back to top Go down

Post by rodd Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:15 pm

well, initial testing seems to work. I did notice that it takes a long time to load the plugin now on first launch, but only sometimes. Not sure if that means anything or not, but it can take 20-25 seconds vs 5-10 as normal. I have not seen the scribble strips fail to update for vpots yet though. I've attached the log from one of the longer startups.
Attachments
v-pot scribble scripts not updating Attachment
pluginlog.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(116 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

rodd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:46 pm

Every access to the Documents folder takes about 2-3 seconds. I don't know why, but I have seen the same behavior for other macOS users with the Documents folder mirrored to the cloud.

There is no change in how the plugin accesses files, so I don't know why the behavior differs from the previous version.
Admin
Admin
Admin

rodd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rodd Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:50 pm

that could be it, I do have my Documents folder sync'd to iCloud. I guess I just never noticed it before, thanks!

rodd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down