Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IAC Driver Error

2 posters

Go down

IAC Driver Error Empty IAC Driver Error

Post by Иван Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:08 pm

When you using native MacOS IAC virtual midi driver only first midi port can be selected in drop down menu. I guess that happen because all virtual ports has similar midi device name.

Pictures:

Иван

Back to top Go down

IAC Driver Error Empty Re: IAC Driver Error

Post by Admin Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:38 pm

Hi,

When I configure my system the same way, I have both ports available in the dropdown:

IAC Driver Error 2023-09-01_17-27-19

I don't know why your system acts differently. I can take a look at how the ports are reported internally if you do as follows:

1. Enable exended logging.
  2. Exit and restart the Stream Deck software (important! otherwise I don't get what I need in the log)
  3. Send me the log file (all of it)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Иван Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:26 pm

Admin wrote:
  1. Exit and restart the Stream Deck software (important! otherwise I don't get what I need in the log)
  2. Send me the log file (all of it)

It may depend of system language. I also have both ports available in the dropdown but their names are the same, and if i choose 2nd port string it always drops to first.
Attachments
IAC Driver Error Attachment
pluginlog.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(201 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Иван

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:49 pm

System language may differ, but I don't understand how that would cause a problem like this.

In the log file, both ports are reported as 'IAC Driver ' (with a space at the end):

[Input ports: 'Сеть 1','IAC Driver ','IAC Driver ','UltraLite mk3 Hybrid MIDI Port','UltraLite mk3 Hybrid Sync Port']

I don't know why the numbers are not included (as they are on my system). To make things worse, the Midi driver I use has an internal numbering of midi ports, and will add a "1" to the port name, always ending up with "IAC Driver 1".

Is it important that the ports are named "1" and "2"?  A (hopefully) easy fix would otherwise be to give them some more descriptive names that hopefully aren't ignored when the port names are reported to the OS.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Иван Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:40 pm

Admin wrote:to give them some more descriptive names that hopefully aren't ignored when the port names are reported to the OS.
This helped. Thanks a lot.

Иван

Back to top Go down

Post by Иван Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:34 pm

Admin wrote:more descriptive names
by the way, thanks for adding warning about this issue to change log.

Иван

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down