Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switching between multiple Key Command Files

2 posters

Go down

Switching between multiple Key Command Files Empty Switching between multiple Key Command Files

Post by Daedalus Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Hi, first of all: Thank you so much for the Nuendo Version of the plugin! I saw the cubase version earlier this year and really started on programming my own Nuendo extension - but yes, I failed and gave it up  Laughing  
As I work as a sounddesigner at a recording studio where all my collegues have their own Key Command file, would it be possible to add a drop down field to the plugin, where you can switch between different Key Command files?
That would be amazing!

cheers
Guenther

Daedalus

Back to top Go down

Switching between multiple Key Command Files Empty Re: Switching between multiple Key Command Files

Post by Admin Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:43 pm

Hi,

What is the problem you want to solve with a Key Command file dropdown? The usage scenario is new to me so there might be issues I'm not aware of, but I think the plugin should adapt to the situation.

The plugin can't select Key Command file, that must be done in Nuendo. When you configure a button on the Stream Deck you assign a function to the button, not the actual key code used at the moment. If you e.g. configure a button to trigger the "Record" function it will always trigger the "Record" function as defined by the currently loaded Key Command file in Nuendo. You don't need to do anything if you switch to another Key Command file in Nuendo - "record" is still "record" and the plugin will send the key code defined for the "record" function by the currently loaded Key Command file in Nuendo .

I guess that your colleagues have a habit of importing their own Key Command file in Nuendo when they start working on a project. And when a new Key Command file is imported in Nuendo, the plugin should automatically adapt to it. (...if it does not, please report a bug)

If all colleagues have the same set of buttons on the Stream Deck (i.e. the same set of Nuendo functions regardless of what key code that triggers them) it should automatically adapt and use the correct key code according to the currently loaded Key Command file in Nuendo.

If colleagues have different sets of buttons on the Stream Deck I think you need individual Stream Deck profiles or folders rather than a dropdown.

Best,
Gunnar
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Nuendo_User likes this post

Back to top Go down