Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback not Registering

2 posters

Go down

Feedback not Registering Empty Feedback not Registering

Post by CandiceJoy Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:41 am

I'm using this with VoiceMeeter Potato and when I use Control Change buttons, feedback doesn't work properly.  It does with Mackie Controls, but not with Control Change.  Am I doing something wrong?

CandiceJoy

Back to top Go down

Feedback not Registering Empty Re: Feedback not Registering

Post by Admin Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:08 am

With "feedback", do you mean that the state of the Stream Deck button does not change when you make a change in VoiceMeeter?

Could you please enable extended logging, trigger the situation and send the log file?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by CandiceJoy Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:43 am

Admin wrote:With "feedback", do you mean that the state of the Stream Deck button does not change when you make a change in VoiceMeeter?

Could you please enable extended logging, trigger the situation and send the log file?
I should note I'm a programmer.  The log is actually receiving the input.  For example, I'll change the slider position in VoiceMeeter, the outgoing light blinks, the log file shows the new value received, but the slider on the StreamDeck button doesn't change its position.

I uploaded the log as requested.  You can see that the MIDI input makes it to the plugin just fine, the position of the slider just doesn't change for some reason.  For what it's worth, I'll include the button's config below, as well as the VoiceMeeter config.

Title: <blank>
Channel: 1
Command: 0
Button Type: Fader
Fader Movement: Simple
Fader Speed: Default, but irrelevant
Fader Direction: Default, but irrelevant
Value Display: None (it doesn't change either if I turn it on)
Fader graphics: Mixer-like, all fader graphics settings default
MIDI In and Out are properly configured, of course, or the log wouldn't show it to start with and the Mackie Control wouldn't work.

In VoiceMeeter, for testing, I bound Control Change 0 to Gain Fader Strip #2 (an unused one for me, so perfect for testing) and enabled feedback.  I hold the StreamDeck button, both VM and the SD faders go up...I change the fader position in VM, SD doesn't react.  If I change the fader to Down mode, the fader in VM instantly goes up to max then starts falling when I press the SD button.  I try to refresh controller, which sends all of the midi states to the controller for syncronisation, but that doesn't work either (but it shows up in the log)..but it does on Mackie.

I'm either doing something very odd or there's a bug somewhere, and I'm not terribly certain which it is xD

CandiceJoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:00 pm

I don't see any uploaded file; could you please try again?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CandiceJoy Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:05 pm

Admin wrote:I don't see any uploaded file; could you please try again?
Should be attached to this message.
Attachments
Feedback not Registering Attachment
pluginlog.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(215 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

CandiceJoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:22 pm

Thanks,

You have a single MIDI port (loopMIDI Port) as both input and output port. That creates a MIDI loop that causes everything to fail. You must have one port going from Stream Deck to VoiceMeeter and another port from VoiceMeeter to Stream deck.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CandiceJoy Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:32 pm

Admin wrote:Thanks,

You have a single MIDI port (loopMIDI Port) as both input and output port. That creates a MIDI loop that causes everything to fail. You must have one port going from Stream Deck to VoiceMeeter and an otter port from VoiceMeeter to Stream deck.
That worked, I'm a doofus XD  THANK YOU!

CandiceJoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down