Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different icons after pressing for Key Commands

2 posters

Go down

Different icons after pressing for Key Commands Empty Different icons after pressing for Key Commands

Post by SebastianF Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:58 pm

I can set different icons for the midi buttons when pressed, but not for the key commands.
Please add this feature!
Thanks so much

SebastianF

Back to top Go down

Different icons after pressing for Key Commands Empty Re: Different icons after pressing for Key Commands

Post by Admin Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Hi,

Midi commands are bidirectional, and the DAW controls the state of the Stream Deck buttons.

Key commands are unidirectional and don't have a state. It's just as when you press the corresponding key on your computer keyboard, The Key Press is sent, followed by a Key Release, and whatever is happening in your DAW (if anything) is unknown to the plugin. Due to this, changing state when you press a button doesn't give any information (other than that you have pressed the key).

If this were implemented, you would start with a bunch of Stream Deck buttons in the Off state and end up with all buttons in the On state (if you have used them all) without any reference whatsoever to what has happened in the DAW.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Different icons after pressing for Key Commands Empty Re: Different icons after pressing for Key Commands

Post by SebastianF Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:53 pm

ah got it, thanks!
but now it stopped working for the midi button. whenever i add a second icon, it only shows the second icon, even when i press it. the first icon is not shown anymore.
it happend when i added an animated gif as second image but now it does not work with any image type.
the generic remote command does work cubase though.
i am sorry to bother you!

SebastianF

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:40 pm

The plugin doesn't know what icon you set, so it can't be the animated gif causing the problem.

The daw controls the button behavior, particularly the Generic Remote configuration in the daw. Please enable extended logging, restart Stream Deck, press some buttons, and send me the log file. Maybe I can see in the log file what's wrong.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SebastianF Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:46 pm

here it comes!

SebastianF

Back to top Go down

Post by SebastianF Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:49 pm

i think i forgot to press submit Smile
Attachments
Different icons after pressing for Key Commands Attachment
pluginlog.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(67 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

SebastianF

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:10 pm

OK, thanks.

The Generic Remote configuration defines that button as a Push Button, meaning that it will not go back to the Off state unless the daw requests it.

I don't know what that button controls, but a good example is the Play button. If you press the Play button, it changes state to the On state, and no matter how many times you press it, it is still in the On state (the same behavior as if you press the Play button in the daw). But the daw will reset the Play button to the Off state when you press Stop. So the Play button is a Push Button (in that it always send the On command and go to the On state), but the daw can reset it to the Off state.

If you expect the button to be a Toggle button (that switch state with every press), you need to change the Generic Remote configuration.  Please check the documentation and the Youtube channel for guidelines on how to do that.

If it's a button that doesn't have a state (e.g. "Go to left locator" that is an instant command), you should set the same image for both states.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SebastianF Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:44 pm

ah! thank you so much. I will try that! Love your plugin!

SebastianF

Back to top Go down

Post by SebastianF Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:46 pm

Hey... it's me again Smile
I checked the button again. I want to trigger some commands from the "project logical editor". (search a track by name, toggle monitor and enable record for that track)
Unfortunately this does not work with two different icons either. Do you know how this could be handled? I would love to enable the different instruments / tracks with the streamdeck and see if they are enabled for record or not...

SebastianF

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:45 pm

The simple answer is: you can't.

At least not in that way. As you say, you "trigger a command" and not "set a state." The daw doesn't respond in any way to that command, and if you change track in your daw (or change monitor or record enable), Stream Deck doesn't know. So you can never get a state back when triggering a command like that.

The only thing you can do is create buttons for the individual items you want to control and see the state for (like track select, monitor and record enable). If you are going down that route, I recommend looking at the Mackie Control action in the Midi plugin, where all these things are available without the need to create a Generic Remote configuration for each item.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down