Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow track selection

3 posters

Go down

Follow track selection Empty Follow track selection

Post by Joff Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:25 pm

Hi dear,

Firstly congratulations for your great work, it's amazing.

I actually working on studio one, i'v tested some control surface and all have the same problem for me. The control surface dosent follow track selection, an exemple : in faderport 8 when I select track with mouse outside of the eight bank, the fader surface not follow the selection. Same with streamdeck. 

I imagine that It is a mackie control limit. I see that you talking about it in one on your update video. My question is, do you think it's possible to resolve it ? Maybe have solution with mackiecontrolsurface.xml script. 

What do you think about this problem? lot of user of cubase and studio one hope see resolve in the future. Logic pro have already fix it.

Thanks in advance for your rep. And congrats again for your amazing work on streamdeck midi plugin. Joff

Joff

Back to top Go down

Follow track selection Empty Re: Follow track selection

Post by Admin Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:10 pm

Hi,

As you correctly assumed, this is a limitation in the Mackie Control protocol.  When you select a track outside of the Mackie bank, nothing that reflects the selected channel is sent on the midi channel. And since nothing is sent, there is nothing any external device can do about it.

Logic is solving this by automatically switching bank when you select a track outside of the current bank, and from what I can see, that's the only possible solution. I don't know about Studio One, but in Cubase, I guess that automatic bank switching will never be implemented.

In Steinberg forums, there have been numerous requests (for several years!) that Steinberg should implement this feature in Cubase, but this has not been done. Steinberg has announced major changes to the remote control features in a future (unspecified) update. I guess they are focusing their resources on implementing Midi 2.0, which offers extremely more flexible and dynamic remote control possibilities.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Joff Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi,
Many thanks for your rep. I understand, I really hope see this kind of improvement in the future. Otherwise I'll follow your work on streamdeck plugin, great potential. Thanks you, best and see you

Joff

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:13 pm

Hello,

I solve this problem using a Multi-action button.

First, I assigned Function in Studio One for Mackie Controls to be Previous Bank and Next Bank. In my Case F7 and F8 in Mackie Controls.

I added a Multi-action button in Streamdeck  Added a Midi Command under DAW Functions/Function Commands F7... added a 200 milliseconds delay and  added a New MIDI Command Daw Functions/"Bank Left"

In this way, Bank Selection in Streamdeck follows Bank Focus on Studio One.

In my Example I used Banks of 8 track... It can be applied with Track selection also.

Follow track selection Screen33
Follow track selection Screen34

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Joff Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:57 am

Hello,

Wooo... Many thanks dude, it's really nice. Definitely a great feature. Best and thanks

Joff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joff Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:36 pm

Hi,
Today I 'v tried to apply your multi action to select track button, in the idea to: exemple: that I press select track 8, the bank go to the right. It work fine, but the problem is that where you make an multi action button, "show upper row from the lcd strip" it dosent apply to the button, so I don't see the name of the select track. Any idea about it? Thanks in advance

Joff

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Unfortunately, plugins have no way to affect the multi action button image or text. I know there has been a feature request to allow the multi action button to "inherit" the display from one of the included actions, but Elgato hasn't implemented this (but hopefully, they will sometime in the future)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joff Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:03 pm

OK thanks for awnser, yes hoppefuly that they make this improvement. I'v an other little question. Is it possible to use a second streame deck, as an expander, and thus manage 16 tracks?

Joff

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:44 pm

The simple answer is: No.

The full answer is:

• The Mackie protocol doc is very clear that it is not "allowed" to have multiple Mackie devices sharing the same midi port. (The protocol is bidirectional and very "chatty," so it would be a complete mess on the line if you add multiple devices)
  • ...you may solve the above limitation by creating additional midi ports for the second device.
  • ...but you still end up with a daw that has 8 tracks selected but speak with two devices on separate midi ports.  
  • ...so...no.  Sad

(The Mackie protocol allow for extended devices, but that isn't implemented in the plugin I'm afraid)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down