Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Button type

2 posters

Go down

New Button type Empty New Button type

Post by Mmark Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:45 pm

Hi,

For quite some programs to work correctly through MIDIit requires a button type (Note Om/OFF) different from the Push, Toggle, Latch and Hold currently supplied with the Stream Deck Midi Plugin.

For the Toggle button in the software to work correctly, it requires a Note ON and immodestly a Note OFF. This is exactly what the PUSH button type in the SD plugin does. However, I want to be able to use a secondary image when I press the button. Therefore the PUSH button is not what I seek.

When the toggle-button-type form of the SD midi plugin is used, it sends a Note ON the first time you press it, and a note OFF the second time.
The software wants to control through MIDI and ignore the Note OFF. Therefore I need to press the SK Toggle twice to send a second Note ON before it responds in the other software. This results in the secondary image from the SK Toggle being out of sync with the behaviour of the software program.

Within SK Midi Toggle it is possible to add custom Keys; so a Note ON and then a Note OFF. However, this does not give the desired results and breaks the secondary image (it does not appear anymore)

Solution
Toggle and Push button combined. 
aka: A Push button with a secondary image.
aka: A Toggle in the SD Midi plugin that has a primary and secondary and behaves like the push button. So sending a Note ON  and Note OFF every time it is pressed. It's just like a physical MIDI controller. 

Thank you for your amazing plugin. It's very helpful! Keep up the amazing work and I hope you find my suggestion just as essential as I do. Smile

Mmark

Back to top Go down

New Button type Empty Re: New Button type

Post by Admin Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:31 pm

Hi,

I think a script button is the solution to that problem. With a script button, you can decide exactly what should be sent and displayed for each button press.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mmark Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:47 am

Hello!

I've tried that however the secondary image does not work. I would love to have that visual feedback! Smile

Mmark

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:52 pm

With a script, you have complete control over everything. If the script doesn't do what you expect it to do, there's something wrong with it. If you send me the script, I can take a look at it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

RobK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mmark Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:33 pm

Hi! So I got this working. I noticed I can not the streamdeck build-in icon-thingy. This would be very helpful since I need to change the midi notes and the visualisation quite often.  
New Button type Screen10

Mmark

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:16 pm

What is it you can not?

If you want to change the button state to show icon 0 or 1, you use the action {state:...}
If you want to display images some other way, you use the action {image:...}, but in this case, you must NOT set any icons in the Stream Deck editor since these always have precedence.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mmark Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:58 pm

Ah great! That works! 
Going through the documentation again I see indeed the {State} command mentioned. At first sight, I didn't gather from the description that this was the intention Smile 
Thanks again!

Mmark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down