Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Function in dial press option doesn't work

2 posters

Go down

Function in dial press option doesn't work Empty Function in dial press option doesn't work

Post by RogerSLO Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:55 pm

Generic Midi sends data on release and there is no difference between Push and Toggle.

Is this normal behaviour?

RogerSLO

Back to top Go down

Function in dial press option doesn't work Empty Re: Function in dial press option doesn't work

Post by Admin Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:59 pm

Yes, it is.

When you press the dial, the plugin can't know if you press it for a "rotate while pressed" action or for a "press" action.

The plugin has to wait until you release the dial; if you haven't turned it while it was pressed, the press action is executed; if you have turned the dial while it was pressed, the press action is ignored.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Function in dial press option doesn't work Empty Re: Function in dial press option doesn't work

Post by RogerSLO Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:12 pm

Thank you,

Is there any other option to use the Dial button as a Hold or Push function?

I am making an Effect selector for Traktor and it happens that the Dials 2, 3 and 4 press needs to be a Modifier when down.

RogerSLO

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:54 pm

Unfortunately not. Since the plugin does nothing when you press the button (other than wait for a rotation or a release), there is no way to define a hold behavior.

Can't you have buttons as modifiers?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerSLO Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:15 pm

technically yes, but I need it to be on the same button.

I could only make it with each command separately (rotate and rotate while pressed), but there are downfalls:
can't be used as a push effect (!!!) like on Twister,
I want to make a different colour when the Modifier is down,
There is no movement, only a bar for indication.

What about an option in the plugin, that will still send a command when down, but one can enable, or disable this option?

Is it possible to implement on the pressed button the same options as on the main rotation?

Thank You.

RogerSLO

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:14 am

On the wish list for the plugin is scripting for dials, and when that is implemented, I think scripting is the best way to solve this kind of advanced use.

Unfortunately, scripting for dials has not been planned yet, and I cannot say when it will be released. I'm currently working on a relatively large 3.11 release, and when it is published, I can plan for the next step.

Until then, I'm afraid that getting the full functionality you described will not be possible.

I did not understand your question "Is it possible to implement on the pressed button the same options as on the main rotation?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerSLO Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:47 am

That is great to hear. I wish you all the best with scripting, especially dials.

same option, I meant the view:
V-Pot and V-Pot size;
but then for the difference, the pressed down should have an immediate effect, which is (currently) not possible and that's my issue. So, no go Wink

I would like to see the name of the selected preset visible.
Now, when I press down and rotate (Effect Selector), I can select between 43 effects (using a MIDI translation file). And when the effect is selected, and the dial released, the view defaults to Knob Rotation (EFX Knob 1 Volume), where the default display value is set to none, and then after a second, also the name of the preset disappears. (as expected).
However, I would like the name of the selected effect to stay on the screen, even when in main rotation mode and after the dial is released. So on the top could persist the name of the Effect and the V-Pot with its indicator, is showing the volume of Knob 1.

Is that idea possible to preserve a name on the screen after a change?
I also have BTT and KM if that helps.

Thank You for considering this.

RogerSLO

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:29 pm

When scripting is added to dials, I aim to enable scripts to control "everything". The dial environment is pretty complex, so precisely what "everything" means and what it will look like is yet to be defined.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerSLO Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:29 pm

I am looking forward to it.

Thank you.

RogerSLO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down