Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Press Dual Function

2 posters

Go down

Long Press Dual Function Empty Long Press Dual Function

Post by Maax555 Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:31 am

Is it possible to create a button with two functions.
1 is a short press (goto marker 1)
2 is a long press (add Marker 1)

Many thanks

Maax555

Back to top Go down

Long Press Dual Function Empty Re: Long Press Dual Function

Post by Admin Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:43 pm

With the Cubase plugin - no.

Other plugins for key commands may be able to do that, but I can't say for sure.

Please note that the Cubase plugin will not be further developed and will eventually stop working.

Steinberg has announced that the Generic Remote device in Cubase will be removed in a future update, and when that is done, the Midi part of the Cubase plugin will stop working. For Midi control, I recommend using the Midi plugin instead.

As we recently discovered, Steinberg has also deteriorated the key command handling in Cubase 13 by not updating the key commands configuration file unless you quit Cubase. This makes the key command part of the plugin less usable, and it might be better to use an ordinary (computer) key command plugin that is not dependent on any file update. The System-Hotkey plugin or BarRaider's SuperMacro plugin are good candidates.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Maax555 Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:27 pm

Hi, I have tried the BarRaiders Super Macro profile but this does not seem to work for key commands, despite the documentation saying it does. For me it is ignoring the the function key. So {{Shift}{H}} simply performs same command as H. I need to read up on the Cubase Remote Midi ability, does this make the StreamDeck any more usuable than the Generic Midi or Key commands?

Maax555

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:36 pm

I don't know why you can't get {{Shift}{H}} to work; it works as expected on my system.

The Cubase Remote Midi has the potential to make anything more usable, and, most importantly, it is future-proof. It is more complex to configure than both the Generic Remote and key commands, but it can do more.

But the question is what you want to achieve.

If you want to perform complex tasks like creating tracks preconfigured with VSTs with specific MIDI channels and programs, Midi Remote is probably the way to go, but such complex things might require Javascript programming.

If you want to perform daily tasks like transport control and less complex tasks, I recommend that you look at the combination of the Mackie Control action in the midi plugin and key commands with a suitable plugin.  Mackie Control has a large number of preconfigured functions without the need to do anything else than specifying that you want to use Mackie Control.

If Mackie/key commands can't do what you want, Midi Remote is the next step.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maax555 Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:04 pm

The {{Shift}{H}} is a BarRaider Super Macro issue, not Cubase Plugin. I will try again as there are some nice functions in BarRaider profiles.
I have used remote midi for my X Touch (now sold) and LaunchPad so will try this route with the SD also.
Thanks for your support and the excellent work on the plugins and profiles.

Maax555

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:43 pm

Maax555 wrote:The {{Shift}{H}} is a BarRaider Super Macro issue, not Cubase Plugin.

Yes, when I said it worked on my system, I meant the Super Macro plugin.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maax555 Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:59 am

Is it possible you could email me a very simple profile using Barraiders Super Macro and a simple command like {{SHIFT}{H}} assigned to a single button for use in Cubase 13?
I am just interested to see if it works on my system. As the Super Macro really does add a lot of possibilities.
many thanks

Maax555

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:16 pm

The only thing saved in the profile is the text "{{SHIFT}{H}}", so it can't possibly be any different if that keystroke is captured on my computer or yours.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maax555 Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:27 pm

Ah ok. So I did enter {{SHIFT}{H}} into the profile and then opened a text file and the output was exactly the same {{SHIFT}{H}}.I will keep investigating, its unfortunate that there is no support for Barraiders. I've dropped a few comments on youtube where I have seen them using the Super Macro profile but no reply yet.
Thanks

Maax555

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:33 pm

Try capturing the keystroke Shift-h instead of writing it. I don't know why that would make a difference, but the behavior you describe is "impossible."

You may get support on BarRaider's Discord page.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maax555 Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:13 pm

Yes, I have tried the capture and the manual entry. The capture does capture the correct key strokes but when excecuted the command buttons are simply ignored in Cubase. The commands work manually by using the qwerty keyboard to directly entr the key commands into Cubase. I have joined Discord for this purpuse but not yet found a way to drop a message. I will continue.

Maax555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down