Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Focusrite Control (Soundinterface)

2 posters

Go down

Focusrite Control (Soundinterface) Empty Focusrite Control (Soundinterface)

Post by DeeMania Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:06 pm

I am currently working on using the Stream Deck to control my soundinterface. 

The software is called Focusrite Control and with the additional software „Focusrite Midi Control“ I can use Midi devices. 

With loopmidi I created "streamdeck" and use it as a device in the plugin for input and output. (Try and error, i am new to midi Very Happy) The control also works so far, but unfortunately the values are back to 0 in the streamdeck with every restart. 

Currently I still use a korg nanokontroll2 and that retains the current values. Now, of course, I wonder if I did something wrong.

DeeMania

Back to top Go down

Focusrite Control (Soundinterface) Empty Re: Focusrite Control (Soundinterface)

Post by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:25 pm

With loopMIDI, you cannot have the same midi port for input and output. Doing so creates a Midi loop and everyone (including the sender) will receive everything sent to that port.

You need to have one port from Stream Deck to Focusrite and another port from Focusrite to Stream Deck.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeMania Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:13 pm

somehow it doesn't work properly, maybe I should activate the Mackie license in Focusrite Midi Control and try it with that?

Focusrite Control (Soundinterface) BLNHW5sugjOZFCAIAAFZiTxAAALASIQgAAFiJEAQAAKxECAIAAFYiBAEAACsRggAAgJUIQQAAwEqEIAAAYCVCEAAAsBIhCAAAWIkQBAAArEQIAgAAViIEAQAAKxGCAACAlQhBAADASm3hcPidOQYAALCE9B8qltpUIdHq+gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

DeeMania

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:27 pm

I don't fully understand the Focusrite config panel, but to me, it looks as if you have configured both Focusrite2StreamDeck and StreamDeck2Focusrite as input ports in Focusrite.

I don't know what "activate the Mackie license" means, but if you intend to use the Mackie Control protocol, maybe that is a requirement.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeMania Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:37 pm

I don't fully understand it either, under "output port" MIDI comes up several times as the same selection

Focusrite Control (Soundinterface) AcAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

and I can optionally purchase an extra Mackie license so that this protocol also works

Focusrite Control (Soundinterface) W8z30TXnweylQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Focusrite Control (Soundinterface) W3IV++jvMLfau11ZYgfm9ILAjiuRMN347NYWzcDl6kFISBQmJBEARB6IXEgiAIgtALiQVBEAShF9o6SxB64FtOLVu3FjnDo7i4pNpbZw35OgjDouLnisSCIAiC0Au5oQiCIAi9kFgQBEEQeiGxIAiCIPRCYkEQBEHohcSCIAiC0AuJBUEQBKEH4P8Bvi+N4YHHpQ8AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

DeeMania

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:36 pm

You need to figure out how to configure that software; unfortunately, I cannot help with that.

I suggest you wait with the Mackie license until you have got the port configuration solved. The Mackie protocol is even more sensitive to port misconfigurations, so the problems will get worse if you try to use Mackie with bad port configurations.
Admin
Admin
Admin

DeeMania likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeMania Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:18 am

I finally did it, found the right MIDI out device and the plugin now takes over the values ​​from Focusrite, BUT the Streamdeck software has to run before Focusrite, I really don't know why and I never had such problems with the Korg device, so I have to I'll think about something else Very Happy

DeeMania

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:46 am

What happens if it isn't?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeMania Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:56 am

If not, the values ​​on the stream deck are 0

I tested it by always restarting the stream deck software to find the correct MIDI output

Today, the next day when I restarted the PC, nothing works anymore, not even the button that was set up for testing still works, so everything from the beginning -.-

DeeMania

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeMania Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:07 pm

Update for everyone who is faced with the problem themselves:

It simply doesn't work correctly to retrieve the current data from the interface when you start the PC. I'm now also writing to the developer of Focusrite Midi Control but so far with no result.

I have now created a script with the MIDI plugin on the stream deck with which I set all sources from the interface to a certain value after starting the PC.

DeeMania

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:22 pm

Is this a timing problem? Is it Stream Deck that tries to retrieve the current data, and can it be that the midi port isn't yet created when it does?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeMania Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:15 pm

I don't know, I can only say that focusrite midi control has to run in front of the stream deck software for a sync to take place. No matter what MIDI configs I try, either nothing happens or the interface goes crazy and all sound channels go up and down constantly.

DeeMania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down