Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Note on/off

3 posters

Go down

Note on/off Empty Note on/off

Post by Olenga Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:46 pm

I use Note on/off to controll my articulations in Spitfire BBC SO as a keyswitch. I really want my buttons to have 2 looks, like the Control Change button, so i can see on my Stremdeck what articulation i am on. Is it possible in any way?

Olenga

Olenga likes this post

Back to top Go down

Note on/off Empty Re: Note on/off

Post by Admin Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:24 am

Unfortunately it is not possible with the current version of the plugin.

It is on a short list of possible additions but there are currently no schedule as to when/if this will be implemented.

I fully agree that it is a useful feature but I must make certain that this kind of addition is implemented in a way that doesn't break the functionality of all the existing plugin uses out there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Olenga likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by arranger007 Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:07 pm

Hi Olenga

I may have misunderstood your requirement but I think I achieved this.

I set the button as a Latch type.
Made a Latch Group (in my case i named the group "Spitfire UACC KS"). You are using BBC SO which is pure Keyswitch so name yours appropriately.
I set the Latch Group for each of my Articulation Buttons to my Latch Group "Spitfire UACC KS"
As the Latch button has two images that can be set, i set two different images (the text can even be different in all regards, bold, italic, colour, font size etc.)
I also had to set the NoteOff Velocity to "Same as Note On"

As the buttons are all Latch and in the same Latch Group i found StreamDeck remembered which was the last pressed Articulation and the image changes/reverts as each one in the latch Group is pressed. What you wanted?

I am yet to experiment getting the note information back from Cubase to change the selected button as the articulation changes during playback.  Admin indicates this cannot yet be done (and he would know best) but i'm thinking of trying a midi thru approach and sending the midi note out (filtered to those lower notes) in another virtual midi port which can be received  as set in the button midi in-port setting. But then i think i read somewhere this is not implemented.

I Hope all that helps.

arranger007

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:57 pm

I realize that I haven't updated this topic after the latest release Embarassed  Thanks, arranger007 for jumping in and clarify the Latch setup.  Very Happy

It is fully possible to get the information back from Cubase during playback, the problem is the "single midi out" design in Cubase. If you have an instrument track, the midi out of that track is connected to the VST and nothing else. If the used VST in itself has a configurable midi out you may find a solution there. If you have a Midi track you can route the default midi out to the instrument and define additional outputs under the Midi Send section in the Inspector (and that way send it to StreamDeck).  For some strange reason the Midi Sends section is not available for Instrument tracks  Crying or Very sad

Looking at the Steinberg/Cubase forums many users request multiple midi outs for Instrument tracks so maybe/hopefully it will be implemented in Cubase some time in the future.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down