Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

streamdeck connecting with vienna ensemble pro server

2 posters

Go down

streamdeck connecting with vienna ensemble pro server Empty streamdeck connecting with vienna ensemble pro server

Post by janamdo Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:46 pm

I want to use streamdeck with vst plugins installed on the Vienna ensemble pro server
This can have 48 midi ports connected o the vienna ensemble pro server, but there is a midi channel limit of 30 I read somewhere? 

Question: how can I connect streamdeck in my composer Synfire , so that I can control the articulations on the vienna ensemble pro server ?
Thanks

janamdo

Back to top Go down

streamdeck connecting with vienna ensemble pro server Empty Re: streamdeck connecting with vienna ensemble pro server

Post by Admin Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:02 am

I don't know how Synfire works, but when I control articulation in the Vienna server with Cubase, I connect Stream Deck to Cubase.

There is no difference if the VST is loaded directly in the daw or the Vienna server; you connect Stream Deck to the track, and the daw relays the midi commands to the VST regardless of where it is loaded.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

streamdeck connecting with vienna ensemble pro server Empty Re: streamdeck connecting with vienna ensemble pro server

Post by janamdo Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:43 am

Thanks, as example there is on vienna ensemble pro server  a vst on port 7 on midichannel 1 a instrument with articulations.
In Synfire there are two midi inputs to see : StreamDeck2Daw and Daw2StreamDeck

janamdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:05 pm

The default output port for the plugin is StreamDeck2Daw, so enable this as input in Synfire.

That's all you need to do. Everything coming from Stream Deck will be passed on to the VST assigned to the currently selected instrument in Synfire.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by janamdo Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:18 pm

Thanks again
This afternoon I couldn't get streamdeck to work, but later this evening after starting all programmes without any settings, I pressed the test articulation button / test instrument button and everything worked.

Fantastic that this is now possible with Synfire and Vienna ensemble pro server together with streamdeck.

Best regards

Jan

janamdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down