Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Send Velocity via Streamdeck+ Dial

3 posters

Go down

Send Velocity via Streamdeck+ Dial Empty Send Velocity via Streamdeck+ Dial

Post by disastercaster Mon 3 Jul 2023 - 22:34

Thanks for this great app, unfortunately it is not yet possible to have velocity sensitivity. I would very much apreciate if you could enable a "note mode" for the dial and the fader decides which velocity will be send.

Thanks in advance and have a nice week

disastercaster

Back to top Go down

Send Velocity via Streamdeck+ Dial Empty Re: Send Velocity via Streamdeck+ Dial

Post by Admin Mon 3 Jul 2023 - 23:04

Please explain what you mean; I don't understand.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by arbibarbarona Tue 4 Jul 2023 - 13:24

disastercaster wrote:Thanks for this great app, unfortunately it is not yet possible to have velocity sensitivity. I would very much apreciate if you could enable a "note mode" for the dial and the fader decides which velocity will be send.

Thanks in advance and have a nice week

To Answer that. as Far as the upcoming version will have a Tap Screen and Dial Press Action option for the Dials that you can assign a MIDI NOTE ON/OFF with a configurable  Velocity or data 2 value for On and Off. 

@disastercaster take note that  the StreamDeck button doesnt have a velocity sensitivity. it either it send a value On or Off. 

But to Add to the feature request is for a Universal  Velocity Value adjust using the Dial.
Use case would be If I press a Midi Note Button the Dial that has the Velocity control action will send a variable Value for that note being pressed. ie... I rotate the dial halfway the then when I press a Note it will send a value of 64 etc...

these special Dial action doesn't need to send MIDI CC or MIDI Note. only adjust the universal value whatever notes are pressed.

But I don't know if this is possible.

arbibarbarona

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 5 Jul 2023 - 9:58

I assume that the initial request by @disastercaster intended the scenario described by @arbibarbarona.

It is technically possible to create such a dial, but I must admit I fail to see the point; I can't see it as anything else than a very complicated way to send midi note on/off messages.

What is the real-life usage scenario for such a dial?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down