Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love the plugin, trying to make it do everything I need

2 posters

Go down

Love the plugin, trying to make it do everything I need Empty Love the plugin, trying to make it do everything I need

Post by gripworks Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 4:12

I am using the Midi plugin to have my Stream Deck work as various play buttons in conjunction wit some broadcast music playback software, (Trigger) triggerplay.co.uk

The plugin works incredibly well to play the cuts, each cut/button assigned a midi channel/note on a note on/off button.

What I am trying to do now is have the stream deck change the icon to a gif (flashing version of the static icon) when the cut is playing and change back to the static icon when it finishes. Trigger can issue midi commands back to the stream deck when the cut finishes. However I have spent hours now trying to make the stream deck swap the icons with no success at all.

Any ideas on the best way to accomplish this? If it is not possible the midi plugin is still amazing and really already does what I needed it to do. Now I am trying to add the bells and whistles.

Thank you.

gripworks

Back to top Go down

Love the plugin, trying to make it do everything I need Empty Re: Love the plugin, trying to make it do everything I need

Post by Admin Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 7:18

Hi,

I suggest that you use the Script button and have a script that changes the state of the button. Please note that you cannot use the {image} script action since it cannot handle gif images. Instead, add the images to the button in the editor, and change the state with the script.

Something like this (where you probably need to change the note values):

[(press){noteon:1,60, 127}]
[(release){state:1}]
[(press){noteon:1,60, 0}]
[(release){state:0}]
[(noteon:1,60, 127){state:1}]
[(noteon:1,60, 0){state:0}]
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

gripworks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Love the plugin, trying to make it do everything I need Empty Re: Love the plugin, trying to make it do everything I need

Post by gripworks Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 17:28

That worked perfectly. Thank you very much for your help.

gripworks

Back to top Go down

Post by gripworks Tue 25 Apr 2023 - 23:57

Another quick question. I have tried to figure this out for a bit but aren't having success.

In a certain instance I have a button fire a music cue, and within the Trigger software, that cue is also firing another cue on a different output channel, for two simultaneous audio outputs. (One is commercial (pop) music for the US market and the other is a cleared cut for the rest of the world).

Is there a way to have a script do the image change thing on two stream deck buttons at once? The second button is just for visual cueing that the international track is indeed playing. 

You can see in the attached photo that the upper left button is playing and flashing, but I would like the bottom orange left button to do so as well. Buttons 1-3 fire the first orange key, 5-7 fire the second and so forth. the last six currently don't have associated songs but sometimes they will so they fire orange 1,2 as well respectively.

Thanks
Attachments
Love the plugin, trying to make it do everything I need Attachment
PXL_20230425_215823202 - Copy.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(928 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

gripworks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 26 Apr 2023 - 0:31

There are a number of ways you can do that, but I think the easiest way is to simply duplicate the cc commands to the second button.

In my example script in the previous post, the last two rows are commands that execute when a midi command is received. If you duplicate these two lines from the main button to the secondary button, it will react on the midi commands as well, and it will react regardless of if the commands are sent from another Stream Deck button or are received from the Trigger software.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

gripworks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gripworks Wed 26 Apr 2023 - 3:42

That worked great. Thanks again.

gripworks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down