Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disable button/dial if conditions are true

2 posters

Go down

Disable button/dial if conditions are true Empty Disable button/dial if conditions are true

Post by jordikt Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:21 pm

I would like a new section at the end of the configuration of button/dials for...

- disable the actions configured for the button/dial
- show an alternative icon and text

...if...

- the application XXX is not runnning
- the application XXX is not in frontmost

This new feature would be useful to change the visibility of the buttons/dials when the actions can not be performed if the application target is not running or in front.

Thanks.
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Disable button/dial if conditions are true Empty Re: Disable button/dial if conditions are true

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:57 pm

Do you have some use case for this?

I don't understand the "XXX is not in frontmost" option. Since the buttons and dials use Midi, there is no requirement for the target application to be the frontmost.

And to be honest, I don't understand the option "XXX is not running" either. In what situations are you unaware that your daw isn't running when you press a button to control it??? Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

jordikt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Disable button/dial if conditions are true Empty Re: Disable button/dial if conditions are true

Post by jordikt Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:34 pm

Thanks for your reply! Disable button/dial if conditions are true 1f600

I think my feature request was not clear enough in my previous post...

I will do my best now!

I am aware what apps are running and not running (=I don't need that SD+ tells me what apps are running or not).

What I want is that SD+ don't show me controls of any app that is not running.

For me is very disturbing to see the display of the faders in Cubase when Cubase is not running. I would prefer to see that displays empty, in blank, instead of seeing that faders ready to be moved.

That's the main reason: I find annoying to see the controls of Cubase, Totalmix and Live in my SD+ if one, two or the three apps are not running.

I thought that disabling the actions was interesting for avoid sending midi messages to apps that are not running. But probably it's better to leave the actions always enabled, and only change the icon and text if the required app is not running.

The condition of the frontmost app has no sense for midi, but it could be useful for the key commands action.

Hope everything is more clear now!
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:22 pm

I understand what you are saying, but I think this borders on the built-in Stream Deck functionality to switch profiles when an application is started. Like, if you don't want to see the daw profile when the daw isn't running, switch to another profile.

I think this is a very niche requirement, and I'd rather spend my time implementing things where the buttons and dials do something than implementing things when they don't do something if you get what I mean. Neutral
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:43 pm

I know what you mean, don't worry.

I agree that this feature is not a must-have for the most of users.

I still have not dived into scripting buttons and dials. It could be possible to configure SD+ as I want with scripting?

Thanks
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down