Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blend Mode

2 posters

Go down

Blend Mode Empty Blend Mode

Post by RickYackel Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:34 am

What I’m trying to do is make my Controller control 2 MainStage volumes at once. Turning knob 1 will turn up the instrument on layer five (using CC 20), as it turns down the instrument on layer one (using CC16). Is there a way to do this? I have programmed the turning down feature using negative increments but I don’t see a way to send 2 CCs with one knob twist. 
I’ve had success doing this with my Hydrasynth Deluxe using its Macro Knobs, but would like this functionality using Stream Deck+ with my Yamaha digital piano. 
My purpose is to maximize the output without overloading the mixer by adding layers and simplifying it for the performer. If you turn down the piano as you turn up the B3, you can blend it in without overloading. Similarly. My Strings layer would go down as my ethereal vocal pad goes up. I also have the Brass volume turn down both the Strings and ethereal vocal pad as it is raised. The major thing is that you can make complex adjustments with the turn of a knob with millions of possibilities. 
If, for instance, the piano level becomes too low, I would use the press and turn feature to adjust the piano level. 

Is it possible to make it happen? Have I missed anything that would allow me to do this now?

Great work so far Trevlig.

RickYackel

Back to top Go down

Blend Mode Empty Re: Blend Mode

Post by Admin Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:23 am

Hi,

As you have discovered, you cannot send two different CCs from a single dial. If you can sacrifice a button as a script button, you can add a script that "listens" for CC20 events and, in response, sends CC16 messages with the opposite midi value. If your dial controls CC20, you can add the following script to a script button:

[(cc:1,20,0-127){cc:1,16,#127 - @e_ccvalue#}]

It will react on all CC2 messages regardless if they are sent by the dial or received from MainStage.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by RickYackel Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:02 pm

That is awesome! I can put a description on the button to make the function of the “column” clear. Thank you for all you do.

RickYackel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down