Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Precision/Acceleration for StreamDeck dials

2 posters

Go down

Precision/Acceleration for StreamDeck dials Empty Precision/Acceleration for StreamDeck dials

Post by Curly Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:44 am

To keep it brief, my suggestion is to have a toggle-able numeric threshold that decreases the precision if the knob is spun faster.
This would intuitively allow single-step fine-tuning to be shifted to an accelerated five-step coarse-adjustment.
I imagine that the way to implement it is to have it so if the knob exceeds X notches per (arbitrary) 500ms, then it uses the "Accelerated" step-rate.
A similar acceleration profile could be implemented for button controls, if the button is held down for X ms, use the "Accelerated" step-rate.
The reasoning behind this is being able to emulate quickly and intuitively sliding a fader to -inf should something go awry.

Curly

Back to top Go down

Precision/Acceleration for StreamDeck dials Empty Re: Precision/Acceleration for StreamDeck dials

Post by Admin Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:54 am

I'll check if the information I get from the dial movement allows me to do this in some easy way. And if so, I'll put it on the wish list. Thanks.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down