Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Key commands not working

+3
Billy_Sheet
Admin
Olenga
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Key commands not working  - Page 2 Empty Re: Key commands not working

Post by Admin Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:17 am

So weird that the SKIRemote could have that effect!  Shocked  

Fantastic that you were able to find and fix that, and thanks for sharing the solution. cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulieDC Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:30 am

Admin wrote:So weird that the SKIRemote could have that effect!  Shocked  

Fantastic that you were able to find and fix that, and thanks for sharing the solution. cheers
Well, I do run a StudioLogic SL Mixface as well, that and the Stream Deck are my two devices to control CCs and mic levels and keyswitches and transport and track management. The mixface requires SKIRemote, and the MixFace has also not been connecting. I just tried it and it's working, as are Key Commands. I don't know why, the SKI Repair fixed it all.  Smile

PaulieDC

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulieDC Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:46 am

So nice to have my Stream Deck full working again for Cubase.  Very Happy cheers

PaulieDC

Back to top Go down

Post by stookie Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:30 pm

Hi Guys.
Just had a run on my Elgato and Cubase extension.
Same like all the others I cant get my KeyCommands to run in Cubase. Midi Commands work flawlessly.

Here is what I did so far.
- Tested Key Commands (Ctrl+C and V) in Notepad. Works
- Checked "CubasePath" in StreamDeckCubaseUserSetting.xml. Updated it to most recent Cubase Version installed (%AppData%\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 11_64)
- Green Checkmark is also shown in Elgato when I add a Key Command
- Installed Steinberg SKI Remote

While writing all of this I did one last try with the "Run as Administrator" and turned it off and what can I say, now it works.

So, in the end it turns out that your wonderful Product and this form helps even while typing! ;-)
Thanks alot

stookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Topillo Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:54 pm

Hi, I have same problem with KeyCommands. I have Windows 10. I updated Cubase 8 to 8.5.

Like stookie I did:

- Tested Ctrl+C and V in Notepad. It's ok.

- Checked "Cubase Path" in StreamDeckCubaseUserSetting.xml. There are 3 files:
1.- C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\se.trevligaspel.cubase.sdPlugin
2.- C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\se.trevligaspel.cubase.sdPlugin\PC
3.- C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\se.trevligaspel.cubase.sdPlugin\Mac

None of the three had a defined path.
 I opened with notepad and it's wrote:
<Settings>
  <CubasePath></CubasePath>
  <GenericRemoteName></GenericRemoteName>
</Settings>

I wrote <CubasePath>%appdata\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 8.5_64</CubasePath> in the 3 files... but the problem continues.

- Green Checkmark is shown in Elgato when I push 1 of 3 bottons in Cubase: "play", "stop" and "cycle". Those are the ONLY THREE buttons that work in Cubase. Not one more.

- Installed Steinberg SKI Remote. The problem continues.

I attach a screenshot of device manager. Thank you very much if you can help me.

NOTE: sorry, but I'm new user and I cant insert url to capture image.

Topillo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:29 pm

The plugin is developed and tested with Cubase 10, it may work with Cubase 8-8.5, but  I haven't tested it.

What do you mean when you say that  "play", "stop" and "cycle" work in Cubase? Have you been able to select those commands for the Stream Deck buttons, and use those buttons to trigger the commands in Cubase? (if you have anything available in the dropdown for the Stream Deck button, the connection to Cubase works (when reading configuration) and you can forget everything about StreamDeckCubaseUserSetting.xml)

You say that "Green Checkmark is shown in Elgato" which indicates that you have added the actions to a Multi Action button. Is there any difference in behavior if you configure the actions directly on the button without using a Multi Action? (...there shouldn't be any difference, but it's good to remove as many components as possible)

If you need to manually set the path to the Cubase folder (which you usually don't need), you must copy the StreamDeckCubaseUserSetting.xml to the Trevliga Spel folder in your Documents folder first, as described here.

What does the status info at the bottom of the editor for a Cubase key command button say? Do you have a green checkmark? If you expand the status message, what does it say about found Cubase folder and found key commands?

Also, please verify that Stream Deck and Cubase execute in the same environment, i.e., both programs must run as your user or both programs must be run as Administrator. If one program runs as your user and the other as Admin it will never work, Windows does not allow that.

Please enable extended logging, restart the Stream Deck software, press a button, and attach the log file.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Topillo Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:11 pm

What do you mean when you say that  "play", "stop" and "cycle" work in Cubase? Have you been able to select those commands for the Stream Deck buttons, and use those buttons to trigger the commands in Cubase?
Yes. I have opened Cubase and I can play, stop and ON/OFF "cycle" funtion pressing the Elgato buttons. I have Elgato Stream Deck 15 buttoms. I bought a "ShideShowFx profile" so I didn't have to configure Cubase functions one by one myself and I save time. (Excuse me for my english). When I press the PLAY button of Elgato, the background of the button show green and the function works correctly. Inside the "stream deck" application, when I click (with the mouse) the PLAY button everything is displayed correctly: below it says "MIDI configuration OK" (green checkmark). Exactly the same happens with the buttons and functions "Stop" and "Cycle" as I told you. The three functions work fine with ElGato+Cubase and the "Stream Desk" application says that the MIDI setup is OK.

If you need to manually set the path to the Cubase folder (which you usually don't need), you must copy the StreamDeckCubaseUserSetting.xml to the Trevliga Spel folder in your Documents folder first, as described here
I followed the steps and copied the file to My Documents... but I only made things worse because PLAY, STOP and CYCLE stopped working. The "Stream Desk" application shows a red cross and it indicates that the MIDI configuration is not correct. I think the problem is not with the StreamDeckCubaseUserSettings.Even though I have 2 folders (Cubase 8_64 and Cubase 8.5_64) only the 8.5 folder contains the Defaults and Key Commands files.

Also, please verify that Stream Deck and Cubase execute in the same environment, i.e., both programs must run as your user or both programs must be run as Administrator.
Yes, verified. Both as administrator. "MIDI Loop" app too.

Please enable extended logging, restart the Stream Deck software, press a button, and attach the log file.
I've searched a lot but I don't know how to do it.

-----------------

Just at this moment that I have been observing in depth the "ShideshowFX profile" (via "stream deck" application) I have observed a detail that could clarify the problem. Why do 3 commands (play, stop and cycle) work fine and not the rest of the functions? Well, I have observed that play, stop and cycle are COMMANDS, but the rest of the buttons in the "ShideshowFX profiles" are SHORTCUTS (show "Atajo", in Spanish) However, when I run Cubase I can use the shortcuts pressing my keyboard PC and they work correctly. But when I pressing the ElGato's buttons does not work, nothing happens. It's a mistery! Question Rolling Eyes

If you need a screenshot, tell me how I can send it to you, because the forum won't let me. Thank you very much for your interest and help me.

Topillo

Back to top Go down

Post by Topillo Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:33 pm

oh my god! I've done the steps in the tutorial one by one to install "Shideshow Profile" and now all the shortcuts work!! It's solved! I don't know what happened during the first installation... but everything works fine now. I probably didn't copy and paste well the "SideshowFx KeyCommand Windows" file.... In any case, the Elgato and StreamDeck application worked fine from the start.
Thank you for your time and help as well and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Topillo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2