Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FR: Mackie Select Prev/Next Track

2 posters

Go down

FR: Mackie Select Prev/Next Track Empty FR: Mackie Select Prev/Next Track

Post by AtmanActive Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:42 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to add Select-Next and Select-Previous track as commands for MCU, selected track context?

I mean, once a track has been selected in a DAW and StreamDeck shows buttons/commands for that selected track, it would be great if I could assign two more buttons to crawl through selected tracks forwards and backwards.
AtmanActive
AtmanActive

Back to top Go down

FR: Mackie Select Prev/Next Track Empty Re: FR: Mackie Select Prev/Next Track

Post by Admin Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:07 pm

Yes, that's a good idea. cheers

It's a bit tricky when passing from one Mackie device to another since the plugin doesn't know in which order the daw puts the devices, so I need to presume that the devices are handled in numerical order (1-2-3...) by the daw.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by AtmanActive Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:10 pm

Sorry, I'm confused, which Mackie device/devices are you referring to?

Don't you mean tracks?

If you are talking about tracks, then, I presume, you could follow the same logic MCU uses when it is selecting tracks. The only difference would be to calculate the banking offset from the currently selected track, and that information is already present in your SelectedTrack context, I believe.

As far as DAW<->MCU track selection goes, they are always sequential, yes.

AtmanActive
AtmanActive

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:29 pm

I'm talking about the new feature in version 2.6.0 where the plugin can act as 8 separate Mackie devices (Main device + 7 extenders), and you can control up to 64 channels with the plugin.

(Hopefully, the store will be updated to 2.6.0.6 very soon since 2.0.6 have a breaking bug)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AtmanActive Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:37 pm

Now I get it, thanks.

Well, I believe MCU extenders are always sequential. I don't think it is allowed, by the protocol, to have, for example, first surface showing tracks 1-8 and the extender showing 32-40. I believe BANKING always works in pre-defined bank steps of either 8 tracks, when only one 8-fader surface is used, or 16 tracks, when one extender is added, or 24 tracks, when two extenders are added, and so on.
AtmanActive
AtmanActive

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:53 pm

Extenders are sequential in the daw, but nothing stops you from setting the midi ports any way you like, e.g., connecting plugin extender 2 to daw extender 5. And talking about "sequential,"  Steinberg developers are doing what they can to confuse people by having the Mackie device list in Cubase/Nuendo reversed, so the last device handles the first eight channels while the first device in the list handles the last eight channels. Other daw vendors may have other ways of doing it.

Anyway, I have found a way to handle it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AtmanActive Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:05 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that this is now implemented in the latest version.
AtmanActive
AtmanActive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down