Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Key commands with Alt and/or Ctrl cause weird behaviour

2 posters

Go down

Key commands with Alt and/or Ctrl cause weird behaviour Empty Key commands with Alt and/or Ctrl cause weird behaviour

Post by TimTeyso Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:29 pm

Hi and thanks for the great plugin!
Usually everything works fine, but sometimes when I try to use keyboard commands that contain a Ctrl or an Alt, the corresponding key (Alt or Ctrl) hangs after pressing the Stream Deck key that is linked to the command, which in turn can only be fixed by restarting the PC. When I execute the key command on the keyboard instead of the Stream Deck, there are no problems. When the Alt or Ctrl key(s) hangs, the project can no longer be operated and may execute incorrect commands. Have you any ideas what could cause this behaviour and how this problem could be fixed?

I use Cubase 11, Stream Deck Software: 5.2.0.14948, Stream Deck Firmware: 1.02.007 and plugin version 2.0.2.

Greetings,
Tim

TimTeyso

Back to top Go down

Key commands with Alt and/or Ctrl cause weird behaviour Empty Re: Key commands with Alt and/or Ctrl cause weird behaviour

Post by Admin Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:10 pm

Hi Tim,

Are you on Windows or macOS?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Key commands with Alt and/or Ctrl cause weird behaviour Empty Re: Key commands with Alt and/or Ctrl cause weird behaviour

Post by TimTeyso Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:17 pm

Sorry, should have specified that... I am on Windows 10

TimTeyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:13 pm

That's odd. I know that keys could get stuck if the key codes are sent too fast, but I have delays in between the keys, and I haven't heard of this problem before.

You say that this happens "sometimes" - does that mean "some keys never work" or "the same key sometimes works and sometimes not"?

I realize of course that you don't want this to happen, but if it is possible to reproduce the problem while extended logging is enabled, I'd love to have a look at that log file.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TimTeyso Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:35 pm

The same Stream Deck key sometimes works, sometimes it produces this error. When I do the shortcut via keyboard, it always works. I tried changing the shortcut to another combination of keys and had the feeling that it worked for a while, but then the weird behaviour happened again. It mostly happens on the shortcuts related to Video and Audio Export.
I tried to reproduce the error, but right now everything seems to work just fine. I have enabled usage logging (is this what you mean by extended logging?) and will send you the log file once the problem occurs again. Thanks for your help!

TimTeyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:40 pm

Extended logging is enabled in the editor for any button that uses the Cubase plugin. At the bottom, expand the "Help and logging" section and mark the "Extended logging" checkbox.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:43 pm

Check the last section on the installation page
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TimTeyso Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:53 pm

Ah, missed that, thanks. I have enabled extended logging and will send you the file once the problem occurs.

TimTeyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:10 pm

I checked the code, and there might be an issue if you have an extremely short time between the button press and release. We talk about like 10 ms between press and release. In that situation, the "key up" command for the Ctrl/Alt key might be sent before the "key down," and I guess that the result could be what you experience.

I can't reproduce the problem, but if you get the problem again, the log file should show if this is the case.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TimTeyso Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:37 am

Hi, so the error occured again, and I got the error file. This time, it happened while pressing the "Marker"-Button I set up on the Stream Deck. I didn't find how to attach a file in this forum, here's a link:

TimTeyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:09 pm

Thanks.

I don't see what I expected to see in that log. It isn't the timing issue, but I don't know what is happening.

The extremely odd sequence of events I can see in the log file is this:

• You load a profile that does not include the "Marker" key.
  • You pressed the "Remove Fades" key - it works OK.
  • After like 4 minutes of no activity, the same profile is reloaded (back from screen saver?)
  • You pressed the "Remove Fades" key again - it works OK.
  • Then, you pressed the "Export Audio Mixdown" key.
  • There is no release event for that key; instead, a new profile is loaded where the "Marker" key is at the position where the "Export Audio Mixdown" key was!?  Shocked

I seriously have no clue whatsoever what is going on. Does the above sequence make any sense, or did you see something else?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down