Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing the dial rotation angle

2 posters

Go down

Changing the dial rotation angle Empty Changing the dial rotation angle

Post by jpcgough Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:47 pm

Hello,

Though I've had a Streamdeck for several years, I'm very new to the Streamdeck+

I have been trying to work a 360 degree direction control on an audio plugin (Soundfield by Rode). Making a dial work the direction control via MIDI CC was easy enough, then came the need to spin the control continuously through 360 degree. This I made work using a script that when the value reached 127 it was changed to 0, and again the other way.

I now had a control that turned 360 degrees, then went round again.

The icing on the cake would be for the v-pot to match the display on the Rode plugin, The CC value for the 12 o'clock position is 0 which is not helpful. I've got a translation file to adapt the text to convert the CC value to degrees of rotation (L180 to R180). What I've so far failed to achieve, to be able to change orientation of the v-pot. Is there a way to have a v-pot image turn the full 360 deg, a bit like the full scrub wheel, but orientated so CC value 0 is at 12 o'clock?

Many thanks,

Julian

jpcgough

Back to top Go down

Changing the dial rotation angle Empty Re: Changing the dial rotation angle

Post by Admin Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:40 pm

There is no built-in way to do that. If you have a script involved in the dial handling, I suggest adding an offset handling to that script.

The 12 o'clock position is midi value 64 in the plugin. If you have a script between the dial and the midi in/out, you can subtract 64 from the dial value when you send the value to the Rode plugin and add 64 when you receive it from the Rode plugin and send it to the dial.

After that, you need code to check if the result is negative or above 127, which you need to adjust accordingly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

jpcgough likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jpcgough Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:07 pm

Thanks for the advice, I will look into that.

I suppose another possibility is to have a translation script in Reaper, the Rode plugin's host. I wouldn't know at my current level of knowledge, if that would be possible.

Thanks,

Julian

jpcgough

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum