Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Characters?

2 posters

Go down

Lost Characters? Empty Lost Characters?

Post by jordikt Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:17 pm

CubasePro12>V-Pots in Plugins mode: The 7th character of the text received are "half-hidden":

Lost Characters? Captur39

Related to this issue:
In the Cubase forum one of the moderators says that he uses a Mackie control device and his Mackie shows 8 characters of the Cubase track name.
In other forums, several users of Cubase and/or others DAW tells that they can only see 6 or 7 characters in Mackie devices.

I am just wondering if the current 6-characters track name is the maximum for all DAWs, or maybe we can get 1 or 2 more characters in Mackie dials/buttons depending of the DAW we are using.

Thanks!
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Lost Characters? Empty Re: Lost Characters?

Post by Admin Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:03 pm

The Mackie Control Protocol has 7 characters per track, so 8 characters is impossible if pure Mackie Control is used.

The LCD strip on an actual Mackie device can display 7 characters per channel (/row). Cubase truncates the track names to 6 characters so that there is a space between the track names in the LCD display. When other information is displayed (e.g., the Cubase shutdown message), all 7 characters are used.

The characters are faded due to a function in the Stream Deck that fades the end of a text if not all characters fit in the allocated space. I'll see if I can change that; it's pretty unnecessary.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

jordikt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:49 pm

Maybe this short video helps you to fix this problem.

The dial 1 shows PREAMP when the color is red. When the color changes to white, the last character of PREAMP is dismissed.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KYAszgaDgLs
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:08 pm

Thanks. I have fixed the problem for the next release.

I would consider the behavior in your video a bug in the Stream Deck software. In your plugin version, the text is set to fade if it doesn't fit in the available space, and color shouldn't affect it. The characters are the same size regardless of color, so the same fade should be applied.

In the next version, the text fields are set to clip the text if it doesn't fit, and in addition, I'm adjusting the font sizes to help fit the text in the space, if possible.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

jordikt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jordikt Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:26 pm

Great news!!
Thanks!!
jordikt
jordikt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down