Trevliga Spel forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Ways Comunications

2 posters

Go down

2 Ways Comunications Empty 2 Ways Comunications

Post by Olenga Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:47 pm

I would love to have two ways communications with Cubase, like when i am using my mouse to change tracks in Cubase, then the Stream deck will follow.

Olenga

Back to top Go down

2 Ways Comunications Empty Re: 2 Ways Comunications

Post by Admin Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:39 am

If the Generic Remote definitions in Cubase is configured correctly (Receive/Transmit) there is a two way communication.

I don't know if there are any limitations in Cubase regarding which parameters that are sent when a track change is made but I know a lot of information is sent.

In my setup, I know that at least Mute/Solo and Read+Write Automation follow the selected track and the state is updated on the Stream Deck when I change track.

2 Ways Comunications Gr310
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trevligaspel.forumotion.eu

Olenga likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Olenga Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:08 am

Hello. Yes, read/write for all tracks is working , but not for each tracks. And the same for mute and solo.

Olenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:42 pm

With the settings in the image in my previous post I get the following behavior, isn't this what you are asking for?

Video
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olenga Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:42 am

It's not possibel to make it work for selected track, only take away all muted tracks or all solo track.

I have Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra, so when i point my mouse and select my violin 1, I want my my Stream deck to change profile to my articulation for that instrument. I can make it happend from my stream deck, so it jumps to that selected track in cubase, but not the other way, if you understand Smile

Olenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:20 am

Regarding mute/solo we probably misunderstand each other since my video shows that it works for single selected tracks and for all tracks.

Regarding profile changes in general there is a restriction in Stream Deck where a plugin is not allowed to trigger a profile change. There is a special plugin that can trigger a profile change but that plugin is created by Elgato and they do not allow other plugins to do the same thing.

I have made a feature request to Elgato to allow any plugin to trigger a profile change, and it might be allowed in some future update of their software. Unfortunately there's absolutely nothing I can do to trigger a profile change until they allow third party plugins to do that.

That being said, the situation you want is rather tricky even if I had the possibility to request a profile change. A track change message from Cubase doesn't exactly say which track that is activated other than the track number counted from the top in the arrange window. I can't determine if it's the "violin track", just that it's like "track 4", making it very project specific.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olenga Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:57 am

Ok understand. Thanks

But Solo/mute And Write/read is not working as you say in my setup. Only for all tracks, and not for selected tracks. And i have the same set up in Generic remote as you.

Olenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:17 pm

It sounds very odd with the solo/mute problem. If you have set the command to target the selected track (and not "Stereo Out") it shouldn't trigger anything else but the selected track.

2 Ways Comunications Select10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olenga Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:33 pm

Yes everything is the same as you, but it's not working as you say.
I use Cubase 11 Pro, maybe i should try it in Cubase 10.5 Pro, and se how it works there

Olenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Olenga Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:48 pm

I just found out that it's not working in Midi tracks. I use VePro7 with 1 slave computer, so I use a lots of midi tracks, and it's not working for them. Only my Instruments track. Smile

Olenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:00 pm

You're right! How odd.

You can mute midi tracks by using the midi mixer instead, but then you get a button that will mute midi tracks only. Crying or Very sad

2 Ways Comunications Midimu10

I tried to use the " Mixer" instead but then nothing gets muted, I don't know if this is a bug in Cubase...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Olenga likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum